Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why is it so hard to achieve a manna ?

Deins Drengers

Deins Drengers

I have heard around the forums that people say that an adult cannot achieve a manna and why is that ?

What makes manna that hard ?

Alessandro Mainente

this is not correct, adults can achieve manna. exception are people with big legs , for them is much more difficult but i'm experimenting it.

the major factors involved in manna are:

-support strenght

-core strength (in terms of active flexibility)

-flexibility of the posterior chains

-immensive shoulders girdle active strength.

probably the last one is the biggest limit of the 99% of people..the lack of passive flexibility and for sure also in active flexibility in order to move the hips up using the upper back strength.

• Upvote 1

Connor Davies

Yeah, active flexibility in the shoulder is the main reason most people cannot do it.  That being said, a local parkour athlete just accomplished a manna for the first time and he's in his mid 20's...

It requires a level of awesomeness that is beyond most people unfortunately.

I think it has more to do with a level of stubbornness and attention to detail, particularly in adults. I have also declared war on the manna; we shall see how that goes.

• Upvote 1

Daniel Burnham

One huge reason is that most people don't understand how to train for it.  I suspect the foundation series will change peoples ideas towards manna.  Also I realize that it requires a great deal of mobility that many people don't want to dedicate time to accomplish.  It is a difficult skill no doubt.  But with proper work and dedication I think it is achievable.

• Upvote 2

To perform manna you need too much strength on triceps thats why its really hard to perform it 

you will need many months to learn manna.