Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ACL torn

Eon jun Kim

i am amateur gymnast in my university. that is not professional. i'm teached just floor.
recently, i attend amateur handball competitions. in that competition, my left ACL was torn. So, I will take ACL Recontruction soon. i am very worry about that i can't do gymnastic anymore. i like gymnastic very much. that is my favorite.  my question is that. Can My ACL go back to healthy? or intensity of my ACL will be as good as before?
and last, Can i do gymnastic continuosly?

Alessandro Mainente

ACL return about 90% compared the situation before the injury, my tip is build up strength on knee, quads, hamstring, calves, tensor fascia latae. etc. i'm actually following gymnastic courses since 4 years, i can do front flip variation, back flip variation etc. i have some fear for twisting but is more a mental problem. i feel some pain (very light) during landing, but with Foundation work i'm currently recovering the mobility. Probably your knee will be more locked in therms of joint stability to avoid injury again.

Don't be afraid, depending on you condition (muscles mass and strength) before reconstruction you will increase the recovery percentage after the surgery.