Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Keeping a training log

Jeffrey Wijnans

Erik Rissanen

Anyone willing to share their excel template? Graphing it out sounds really useful, and and electronic record is probably the way to go. I've just been writing it down in a notepad.

My template is pretty simple. I use a word document. I make a heading which has the current date. I make a note of anything special about this workout. Then I have a bullet list containing each exercise, the goal and if I did not make it, what I made. I also write down if there is anything I want to remember the next time or later on. If I was filming myself I will add filming notes to each bullet after each work out.

Here is a sample (just translated into English and cleaned up a bit to make it more readable ;) ):

2013-09-15

It's a Sunday and I'm lagging behind in the schedule of the week because of a cold. I will let the other exercises slip into the next week and I'll try to catch up next week.

• FL: XXXX: 

• Film: looks good, except maybe lifting legs a bit too high up. iM is looking better now, but remember to lift up fully into the bridge after each rep.

• sPL: XXXX: really trying to push the lean as far as I can

• Film: starting to look a bit better now. Good hollow and no pike, but scapula should be pushed down a bit more and need a bit more forward lean

• HBP: XXXX:

• Film: looks good, except remember to keep elbows in on all reps

• RC: XXXX: was not able to pull all the way up in a couple of reps in the last set, but it was quite close, so try to keep up with the template after the deload week

• Film: looks good

(Edit: I just noticed I posted this in the open forums, so I censored the exercise names)

• Upvote 1