Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Questions about L-Sit

a.ramz

Hey Guys!

I'm not sure if this question has been asked already, but I'm wondering if what I'm doing is developing the right type of strength... In hope of getting a L-sit, I have been practicing a tuck sit (where I try to keep my knees away from my chest) on the floor. Once I can hold this position for apprx. 30sec, I thought about extending one of my legs out (while the other is bent). Do you guys think I'm developing strength that will carry over to L-sits? The problem I have is that i don't have any equipment to work with right now(I WILL order the rings and book once my dad comes back from his business trip).

Almost forgot, I saw this progression on BeastSkills. :)

Thanks in advance!

matthew.percussion

Yes. This method will work.

As for the lack or equipment, the L-Sit is nearly the same on bars as it is on floor, the only difference is that you have to keep it parallel or higher on floor.

Here's my take on the L-Sit

3PDWa9Wo6pA

Ok, thanks Matthew! Good to know what I'm doing is fine.

Sorry, one last question: Once I get to extending one leg out, how do I do the holds? Should I extend one leg, rest, then do the other leg to sets that add up to 60 sec?

By the way,I'm really looking forward to your progress (Matthew), Good Luck!

matthew.percussion

Thanks!

It really doesn't depend on how you alternate legs just so long as they are both extended for the same period of time.

I would do exactly what you said though.

Alternating legs each set.

You can go from (1.)bent to (2.)less bent, to (3.)even less bent legs and in the end (4.)completly straight legs.

Thanks for helping out Gregor :). I don't know, I was thinking of that progression at the start...but it is really hard to keep track of and be consistent with (the degree of bend in the knees will vary every set). In one of coach's OLD posts (I think it was on Crossfit forum), he said he preferred if his athletes keep their legs straight (gradually decreasing the angle until horizontal). I guess I'll stick with the one leg extended method...do you know how long I should hold this position until I tackle the full L-Sit on floor?

Sorry for bugging you guys with questions, lol.