Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

sick pommel horse routine

Fred Mak

• 3 months later...

Wow, those straddle rotations (I don't know the name, sorry, don't execute me :P) are awesome! I'd like to be able to do them on floor one day.

matteo.Za, i think you're referring to the move at 0:29.  those are called thomas flairs or flairs.  bboys (breakdancers) spell it differently.  bboys call it "flares."

learning to do flairs on the ground is my goal as well, although it will probably take me a few years.

• Upvote 1

Rajan Shankara

I was messing around on my homemade mushroom today, the session looked almost exactly like that. 

:D

Actually...second session today ever, can almost get one swing but just fail to get my hand back on for the full rotation. 

matteo.Za, i think you're referring to the move at 0:29.  those are called thomas flairs or flairs.  bboys (breakdancers) spell it differently.  bboys call it "flares."

learning to do flairs on the ground is my goal as well, although it will probably take me a few years.

I always thought it was 'flares' because the legs are flared out. But I noticed that Coach spells it 'flairs,' and I lean towards his knowing gymnastics a touch or two better than me.

Nah, it's "flair" as in "he does his pommel horse routine with flair".

I see. Like how a Russian is like a planche walk, if you were in a real hurry.

Heh.

At times I cannot tell if they are break dancing or doing gymnastics with those leg swings. One moment they are slightly flailing then another it's completely controlled and almost windmill like..