Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Foundation one and H1 questions

Peter Möller Voss

Peter Möller Voss

I searched the forums and read quite a bit on the foundation and handstand courses but nothing that really adressed my question so I decided to post. 

I´m considering the foundation one course and was planning on combining it with some barbell stuff as well, maybe some "abbreviated" Wendler stuff. As far as i read, this is perfectly doable with F1.

But then I noticed recommendations that H1 be taken simultaneously as F1 and all these evil "mixing program devils" started fussing about in my head... :)

As far as I read F1 takes about 20-40min a session. But how about H1? How time consuming is a session of the handstand course?

I dont have the time to spend many hours in the gym, plus the fact that recovery will probably be an issue so I have the feeling F1 + H1 + Barbell stuff will be too much and I´m better off choosing between either H1 or Barbell work to accomodate F1?

But again, I´d very much like to hear peoples experiences. How long does a session of H1 take in general and is there room for more work when doing both H1 and F1? 

• Upvote 1

H1 doesn't take very long at all.  Maybe 5 minutes for the joint prep at then 10 minutes for the balancing work.

F1 + 5/3/1 would rock.  I'd do it myself if I had a barbell.  Just use the F1 work as the assistance lifts.  Don't try to get smart with it.

I also wouldn't recommend it unless you had some practice already with barbell lifts.  I'd run a cycle of Starting Strength if you haven't got any experience.  (I'm sure you do, but for anyone else reading this.)

Peter Möller Voss

Thanks for the feedback. It starts sounding very doable! I guess the only thing preventing me from combining F1 and H1 woulde be my financial situation, which is kind of a hole in the ground at the moment............. :)

On the other hand, it gives me some time to try out and get accustomed to F1 + 5,3,1.

Thanks again!