Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Handstand and the eyes

Andreas Bolz

I have healthy eyes right now but my grandpa and my mom both had/have glaucome, so I'm quite worried about that. I see how a handstand is actually not a good idea with that condition, but what about doing handstands to prevent those conditions as your eyes learn to cope with the increased amount of pressure?

Does a proper handstand even cause/increase probability for glaucome or is that just for the first few times when you practice handstands and your face gets all red?

yuri marmerstein

Your face will still always get red, it's just that you get acclimated to the sensation. 

As far as glaucoma prevention, interesting question.  I have no experience with the condition so I cannot answer it, but maybe someone around here can. 

FREDERIC DUPONT

Interesting question to ask your ophthalmologist.

I do not know of a relationship between glaucoma and inversion, but I'd like to hear what he has to say. :)

Alessandro Mainente

glaucoma is more a genetic predisposition or something more related with injury over the front head.

so stay with inverted body is not a real problem if you are in health, for your case is better ask to you doctor.