Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Questions regarding H1

Anthony Clyne

Anthony Clyne

Hello everyone!

I'm new to gymnastic bodies, I've just recently purchased The Foundation series and am slowly working through it. I'm contemplating buying the handstand series also but I have a few questions first. Also I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

I noticed there was only H1 released as of yet for purchase and I was wondering how far it takes you into learning the handstand and how long it should take to complete. also how many successive parts are there going to be in the handstand series? Thanks in advance!

Alessandro Mainente

From another post I've understood that 2 more handstand courses will be released. Btw the time you need to complete the H1 is paired with your actual level of shoulders mobility and strength. No one can predict how much time you need to improve, some elements need 1 months, other elements maybe 4-5 or 6.

Yes, it is the same setup. Without giving away too much info, there are 10+ PE's before SE's. Balance seems to be different than strength, in the sense that your body is going to need to get that proprieception , whereas strength you just adapt muscularly and keep progressing. It follows the same mastery templates, just with different times. It is impossible to say when you will get your handstand, because we don't know your prior level. It also has great wrist exercises.

However, I highly suggest buying it! Mobility is great, and the handstand will help you as you get deeper into the Foundation Series.

I hate to jump onto someone else's thread, but seeing as the original question has been answered, I thought I might. How long is a combined H1/F1 session?

Keilani Gutierrez

it takes me (a beginner) around 10-20 minutes to do a H1 session depending on set up, warm up if i need it or volume.

that includes wrist stretches, wrist exercises and handstand specific work per H1 instructions.

as for F1, it depends on the volume and if i do H1 on the same day. F1 will take me an hr + 10-35 min. i also stretch a bit afterwards

Generally, my F1 with a warm-up, cool down and lower body work takes 80 mins max. So with H1, I can expect something closer to two hours I guess. Well, that's what weekends are for.

I don't want to open a new topic so I'll post my question here. Are there any wrist exercices such as wrist pushups, first knuckles pushups, etc. in H1?