Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

shoulder strength

Walt Peacock

Can any one help me with the best exercises to do to boost my shoulder strength? I am weak in raising laterally and pressing to full extension. Thanks

HS work, planche work, dips, pullups, levers.

Raising laterally and pressing? Sounds like cross pullouts or assisted butterfly crosses ( hang pull to cross with the option of pushing to support ). I do these on my total gym and maybe I'll try these with my cross trainers. You could also use DB.

cross pulls seem to work my biceps and lats more than shoulders. I'm talking about lateral raises. I wasn't sure whether or not there were some movements that would focus on that. Good point on just training those movements.

cross pulls seem to work my biceps and lats more than shoulders. I'm talking about lateral raises. I wasn't sure whether or not there were some movements that would focus on that. Good point on just training those movements.

In dead hang pull to cross is working your biceps more then shoulders???? :shock: You must be bending your biceps or you are to much forward with palms (palms must be in shoulders position or litlle forward, not more then that).

I Found wonderfull exercise from Coach's book for shoulders, I was supprised how effective it was :mrgreen: it's a dip on a one rail with hands behind your back. try to do a full ROM almost to a armpits :wink: and I swear you will be satisfied with preassure on your shoulders :mrgreen:

Richard Duelley

I Found wonderfull exercise from a coach book for shoulders, I was supprised how efective was :mrgreen: it's a dip on a one rail with hands behind your back. try to do a full ROM almost to a armpits :wink: and I swear you will be satisfied with preassure on your shoulders :mrgreen:

I believe these are the 'Korean Dips' and yes they are AMAZING and you will defiantly be satisfied with the load placed on everything from your bellybutton up! :mrgreen: