Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

fixing posterior pelivic tilt

Ralph Palutke

Ralph Palutke

hey guys,

unlike me (bad anterior pelvic tilt posture) my girlfriend has a posterior pelvic tilt posture.

so i guess the opposite should be done to correct the position.

that means:

stretch the hams, glutes

strengthen the quads and the iliopsoas

do you know any effective exercises you can recommend for any of these? especially for strengthening the psoas. what do you think about mn/se1>iM and mn/se2>iM for strengthening the psoas?

thx in advance

p5yx

Emanuele Lo Curto

Are you sure it's a true posterior pelvic tilt ? Sometimes people stand with their pelvis held forward which should mean long hip flexors but still tight/short spine extensors like in an anterior tilt. Just a possibility, i'm actually interested in this as my mother is exactly like that. Now, if only i could persuade her to spend 5 minutes a day trying to fix that... :)

Ralph Palutke

when the person lies on floor there is almost NO curve in her lower back without her tensening her core.

she also has very tight ham strings and her hips are clearly rolled backwards.

Emanuele Lo Curto

I'm on F1 so i don't know what the mobility exercises for manna specific elements are, i'm pretty sure they aren't easy :D. I'd try a low-level psoas activation first, to make sure she is actually using her psoas and not only her TFL, and then load the movement more with harder exercises. One option is single-leg raises from a seated position (knee naturally flexed), making sure to actively reach the end-range of hip flexion, while using the spine extensors to avoid any posterior tilt. You can also do the same from supine, with a band around the feet (Google lying psoas march). Ideally this should be done without feeling the TFL or rectus femoris. I hope this can be useful :).

• Upvote 1