This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Beginning F1 - Suggestions and more

Started by federicoC, August 18, 2013 · 391 Replies · 12,091 Views

federicoC

Today I was not in good shape. I to wake up very early and I did a lot of work, so I'm sure this also has to be taken into account. I did

 

F1

FL/PE1 4x60s + Im 5r **last set = strain. That fried my abs. 

sPL/PE1 15r + Im 10r, PE2 4x60". **Felt more on my abs this time, possibly because of the FL work? I confirm, the Im is awesome

HBP/PE1 15r + Im, PE2 4x11r + Im 5r (4kg) **got 11 reps, on the last set I paused at the top for different reps. I think changes in tempo are OK for the time being, should I ever reach 5x15r I can always consider to repeat a cycle then.

RC/PE1 4x12,12,10,8r + Im 30" **Holding it at the top made it harder. I was really done, and close to cry.

 

Rings oriented work limited to RTO support 4x10"

 

Kit's stretching

-Upper/middle and lower back - where I tried to introduce some movement suggested by Kit to increase the benefit of this stretch.

federicoC

Much better today, seems I managed to recover despite a lot of work. However, this has been one of few nights that I've been able to sleep well.

 

I did H1 followed by extensive practice with Kit's daily five and their modifications.

federicoC

Today I hit one of these days where my flexibility was poor. Any thought about what are the factors influencing this?


 


I did F1


 


SL/PE1 4x26s + Im 5r **on the third set I think I did 24" only. Lost ROM in the last 2-3" of each set. Going to 5x next week, then repeat again the cycle until I hit a solid 5x26s. However, I can't believe there are no other ways of improving on this besides doing it for years :)


 


MN/PE1 15r + Im 5r (8kg) PE2 5x5r + Im (light bar, feet on a step). **getting a feeling for them. WU with dynamic frog stretch, straddle leg lift, windmills from 2 to 7kg for some reps, and few reps of PE1. Sounds like a proper WU for this element. Other opinions?


 


SLS/PE1 4x15r + Im 5r **Not my best day, suffered a bit the volume. Form was all right but not my best.


 


Calf raise 3x10r


 


Kit's stretching


-wall calf stretch + MFR


-hamstring


-hip flexor


-daily five


SoyeBoy
federicoC said:

 

Today I hit one of these days where my flexibility was poor. Any thought about what are the factors influencing this?

 

 

 

If you have done any extensive stretching (or "hard stretching") recently you may be experiencing some residual tightness that should disappear soon.

federicoC

Yes, I did notice that. But I've been wondering why some days I'm tighter than others for a long time now.

federicoC

Today I entered mastery week. For some  reason, I was at week 11 on all elements, it's been a tough one.


 


F1


FL/PE1 5x60s + Im 5r **mastered. Now the question is, should I move on, or be conservative and do another cycle? To me it looks like I did well. However, I do still have a mastery session and I can hope to be able to record it.


 


sPL/PE1 15r + Im 10r, PE2 5x60" **also this time, I kept my butt low and really focused on keeping my shoulders strongly pressing down. Position looked good from the mirror, and the Im as well. I can claim mastery, but here again, another cycle? After these first two elements, I was already quite tired, the rest of the session suffered from that.


 


HBP/PE1 15r + Im, PE2 5x11,11,11,11,7r + Im 5r (4kg) **only 7 reps on the last set, and on some sets I had to pause at the top. However, I think it is extremely important to perform 5 sets during mastery week. Goal for next cycle: 5x12r


 


RC/PE1 5x12,12,10,8,8r + Im 30" **Holding it at the top made it harder. Suffered. Goal for next cycle: 5x12r. I know I can master PE2 and probably will need to spend some work on PE3. So I don't want this element to hold me back. The problem is that it comes at the end right now.


 


Rings oriented work limited to RTO support 3x10"


 


Kit's stretching


-piriformis (lying)


-piriformis (floor)


-HF


-Daily five


federicoC

Mastery test yesterday left me sore today. DOMS.

I did my H1 session in the afternoon.

federicoC

F1, other mastery session.

 

I did F1

 

SL/PE1 5x26s + Im 5r **As opposed to last session, I could do all sets of 26s. However, I was loosing ROM. So my idea is to now repeat this cycle, having 5x26s with fixed ROM as a goal. What do you say?

 

MN/PE1 15r + Im 5r (8kg) PE2 5x5r + Im (light bar - fitness bar - and 2kg, feet on a step). **started adding a tiny weight on the Im. Recorded the PE, will post soon.

 

SLS/PE1 5x15r + Im 5r **Mastered. Felt demanding, but form was all right. I think I can move on to PE2, without forgetting to keeping the Im in my WU, as I feel it working very well in the hips as well now.

 

Kit's stretching

-daily five

 
 
Felt quite tired afterwards.
federicoC

Here it is. This is where I stand. I can already say I improved substantially w.r.t my first attempts.

I'd be grateful to anyone who gives me feedback on the form, and especially on what to work on - on a side - to improve on this element.

 

SoyeBoy

The knees do not appear to be locked and it looks like more compression is required. On the positive side, the straddle (albeit with what looks like bent knees) looks nice and wide.

federicoC

Thanks SoyeBoy. I agree with your analysis, this is my first video and it was helpful in realizing where I stand right now. I did this element for 4 sessions now, and I could feel steadily improvements. I'd like to get feedback on how to proceed, especially from people that successfully mastered this element and the Im.

Thanks again.

federicoC

Today cardio session, elliptical, starting at level 3. I could set a new PR of 16.5km in 25', with rpm values in the 66-70 range.


 


Then I did


calf raise 4x11r


 


Kit's stretching:


-wall calf stretch


-single leg hamstring stretch


-half pancake stretch


-solo quad stretch


federicoC

H1 mastery session done. Looking forward to the last WO of this endless mastery week tomorrow.

federicoC

Sixth consecutive day of training, and last one of mastery. I can call it a week!

 

F1

FL/PE1 5x60s + Im 5r **mastered. Form check in the video at bottom. Notice how much I improved on the Im, my spine mobility improved substantially over time.

 

sPL/PE1 15r + Im 10r, PE2 5x60" **I claim mastery. To make sure, it would be nice if you could give me a feedback (video at the bottom, again)

 

HBP/PE1 15r + Im, PE2 5x11,11,11,11,7r + Im 5r (4kg) **Better than last time, goal for next cycle: 5x12r

 

RC/PE1 5x12,12,10,8,8r + Im 30" **This element suffered from the high volume on the rest. I'm confident that moving on to other PEs will allow me to master this in the meantime.

 

Rings oriented work limited to RTO support 3x10"

 

Kit's stretching

-Daily five

 

SoyeBoy

sPL/PE2 looks good to me. Nice body line and scaps look protracted. Hopefully you can progress quickly through the next element on this. I personally experienced that PE3 came easy after I mastered PE2. How are you on sPL/PE2 > iM?

federicoC

Thanks! The Im was good to my own judgement and to that of my friend. I think I do feel it where it is supposed to be, and to make sure I was bulding on this, I progressively increased the time I was holding the full extended position at each rep (up to 2") across sessions. Yesterday I could still do some reps after the 100 reps I did for mastery. However, the PE3>Im seems much more demanding, but maybe I'm wrong.

federicoC

I didn't write this week. I did the planned deload week and decided to deload also from the forum. 

I recovered, the first couple of days I felt completely finished. I felt the first deload session as heavy as the last mastery session from the previous week. 

 

I did 3xF1 and 1xH1 deload sessions with 3 resting days. 

 

New elements will be introduced tomorrow then.