This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Beginning F1 - Suggestions and more

Started by federicoC, August 18, 2013 · 391 Replies · 12,091 Views

Keilani Gutierrez

I feel ya there, bud. work can be a bitch, have you considered starting your day with your workouts? early morn, first thing

Jon Douglas
KeilaniG said:

I feel ya there, bud. work can be a bitch, have you considered starting your day with your workouts? early morn, first thing

I've done this for so long I get antsy if I sleep late and can't train first thing.

We all do what we can. It ebbs and flows and there are always new factors to deal with.

Sometimes progress takes a back seat to maintenance when life gets in the way. Don't take it too hard, happens to us all >.< Hope you feel back on track soon

federicoC

Thanks guys! No, early morning is not possible, early morning = work :)

I step back to F7, fits better my needs and I'm more motivated to do my WO in this way. 

 

I recorded some elements last Sunday, will post them soon.

 

24.11.13 - F7
HBH/PE1 60s - Im 5r - PE2 4x14r - Im 4x30s
sPL/PE1 4x12r - Im 4x10r
SL/PE1 4x28s - Im 4x10r
MN/PE1 4x12r - Im 4x5r
SLS/PE1 9r - Im 10r - PE2 4x16r - Im 4x6r (out of one step)
HBP/PE1 15r - Im 15r - PE2 4x12r - Im 4x5r
RC/PE1 15r - Im 60s - PE2 9r - Im 60s - PE3 4x8r - Im 60s
RTO Support 3x
Bipocni
federicoC said:
 
SLS/PE1 9r - Im 10r - PE2 4x16r - Im 4x6r (out of one step)

Are you counting each side as an individual rep?  Because the mastery is only 5x10.  Also, I'm unsure what out of one step means....

federicoC

yes, 4x16 = 4x8 reps per side. Want to go up to 5x20r again as Mark suggested, to then pass PE3 with ease. 

1 step = 1 fitness step (reebok). Improving on this, but no far not twisting. Waiting to get to the floor before implementing that.

federicoC

Video

 

 

I'd really value your comments. Notice that I'm still keeping improving on the cat-cow.

 

Thanks a lot!

Jennifer

Federico, can I just ask a question on the above video (#17) for the others when they critique it?    Is Federico's head in the correct position on the first hold that he does?  Thanks so much!     I am learning so much from this thread.

Keilani Gutierrez
federicoC said:

Video

 

 

I'd really value your comments. Notice that I'm still keeping improving on the cat-cow.

 

Thanks a lot!

you're compression is good, just the arch needs a little bit more work, the rocks look mean! by the time you're rocking like that on the full lay hollow hold, you'll be hulk smashing through the lower volume stuff

 

Jennifer said:

Federico, can I just ask a question on the above video (#17) for the others when they critique it?    Is Federico's head in the correct position on the first hold that he does?  Thanks so much!     I am learning so much from this thread.

good eye. look at the athlete in the video, notice how he simply flexes at the thoraxic spine and the lumbar spine, but not his cervical spine. it add's quite a bit of weight to the top end of the hollow, similar feeling to piking at the hips when you are in full lay. 

 

I wouldn't worry about it unless you're really looking to squeeze as much as you can out of a progression(which would be recommendable, if you want to limit the possibility of having to turn back to give a detail some attention somewhere in the future, though i don't know how much that would hurt your certification.) 

 

I was doing some digging in the 2010 portion of the forum and saw Joshua Naterman mention "packing the neck". google it and do an experiment and see if it could be beneficial for you. 

Riku Calderón

Nice work! I still think that neutral neck and pointed toes are correct way of doing it.

Vincearoo
RiQC said:

Nice work! I still think that neutral neck and pointed toes are correct way of doing it.

Indeed.

Also, I believe that he is sitting too far up in the hold.

federicoC

Sorry guys for my late reply.

 

Jennifer, please, keep asking questions. You learn, I do as well. Feel free to keep going.

 

Keilani, thanks. You're right, and actually, I realized that flexion of the cervical spine was an isolated case in that particular set of the session. I don't know why I did that, and I moved my head back to neutral position now. I instead don't think I'm sitting too far up. To see this one would need a movie recorded from the floor. This is my maximum hollow and it's now slowly starting to pay off on the rocks.

 

When you say that the rocks look mean, do the at least look right/solid? 

 

 

I kept going during the last two weeks but I've been confronted with many issues - including loosing a bit my motivation and doing WO I've not been happy of. My current BW is 73.0, so it's a +3 since Aug, and -1 since end Oct.

 

At the moment, I could do a 4x15r of HBR. I look solid on the swivel and on the scap shrugs. I believe I can record them during mastery week and hope to pass it. Introduce new exercises will increase my motivation for sure, I'm getting bored of doing always the same things. I can now do proper windmills, although still facing more issues on the left side than on the right one. ABH I'm at 4x28s solid, not more.

 

 

Now that I could solve many issues at work and conclude some projects, it's time to push back on track.

I will start to keep a log, again.

federicoC

Did F1 today. Plan to do the other split tomorrow morning, swimming in the afternoon.

 

>HBR 4x15r. These are getting better, but every rep is a pain the way I'm doing it :) I have the feeling I'm now starting also rolling better on my back, indicating I can keep a better hollow.

>Scap shrugs 4x15r easy and controlled, with good swivel. Really hope to master this pair next week. Would be great for motivation! Video will come, you'll judge

>Incline PU + GAS 15r, Push ups 15,15,12,12r. These push ups...I'm stuck! Xiaopengs are easy now

>RC/PE1+Im 15r, PE2+Im 9r, PE3 10,10,8,8r. Feels like I'm not going to master this element this cycle. I was so close to it two cycles ago, then don't exactly know what happened.

 

Completed with shoulder dislocations, Kit's material especially 2 different piriformis stretches.

federicoC

On Tue, F1

 

>WU, GMs bar for reps

>ABH, 4x28s, solid. This, I repeat, is my true level on this exercise at the moment.

>tuck ups 4x15r, I claim I'm doing them much better now. Not sure about compression, we discuss this already in light on my problem. But definitely, I substantially improved my windmills. Video will come

>Free SQ 10r, Im/PE1 10r, SLS/PE1 9r, Im 10r; SLS/PE2 4x20r, Im 4x74 (1 step)

>Calf raise 3sets

 

Completed with calves/hamstring/lower back stretch

federicoC

Got an extensive mycosis in my inner thighs. I had to stop swimming and for a week also F1. I'm now treating this and really hope it will go away soon. 

 

This week I could WO properly. Tue I did F1, Wed F1 and today H1. On H1 I'm not doing anything regularly at the moment. 

I really think I can say I mastered the scap shrugs/swivel pair. I did 5x15 with ease and controlled form. My ROM on the swivel also moved to what I think is matching the demo video. Will keep this movement with more than 1 set/WO though. On HBR I'm now at a solid 5x15r and with ABH I'm now at 5x30s with reasonable form. I dropped the Cossack/twist SQ and went back to PE1 because that copes much better with the mycosis. Will get back to PE2 asap.

 

However, I sucked everywhere else. I'm totally stuck with push ups and I'm now trying to include some as extra work in different training sessions. I'll do my  best, after this deload week, to improve.

federicoC

Did F1 yesterday, deload session.

I really don't get why my ROM in the ABH has such a huge variance across days! This is quite strange.

 

I did WU with KB and barbell (SQ, front press, DL)

 

ABH 4x20s + Im, tuck ups 4x9+Im, Deck Sq 4x9+Im.

 

Since I'm at home and have my home gym here, I then did a little bit of KB work and 3x8 of push ups that I want to introduce at every WO to just raise the volume on this exercise, as long as it doesn't affect recovery.

Jennifer

How are your legs doing after the infection?  I knew someone who got cellulitis from a little wound from the swimming pool.     Swimming sounds like a dangerous sport.  ;)

federicoC

Thanks Jennifer.

I have to treat this for 4-6 weeks. At the moment certainly not comfortable, but I'm doing my best - and above all - nothing compared to other things ;)

Mark Collins
federicoC said:

Did F1 yesterday, deload session.

I really don't get why my ROM in the ABH has such a huge variance across days! This is quite strange.

Does it coincide with a lot of sitting that day or previous days?

federicoC

Not that I know. I generally do stand at work as well, I have a standing workstation since this summer. I don't know, I feel like no matter how much stretching/limbering work I do, I'm always very tight and seldom have good feelings.

 

Today I did F1-last deload session

ABH 60"+Im, ABR 5x8r + Im

Scap shrugs 5x8r + Im

Incline PU 9r + Im, PU 5x8r+Im

RC/PE1 15r, PE2 9r, PE3 5x5r + Im, although at home I don't have stall bars and didn't feel the Im good.

Jon Douglas

You might try doing your AbH on the same say as FL, or at least use several of the bridging IMs to warm up.for it. The action of the back and shoulders are pretty similar in both

federicoC

Thanks Jon,

 

 

bridging IMs

what do you mean?

Jon Douglas
federicoC said:

Thanks Jon,

 

what do you mean?

The IM's focused on building bridges holds, I mean :)

Christian

I found that FL PE5/iM was perfect for warming up for ABH and ABR.

Joakim Anderson
Christian said:

I found that FL PE5/iM was perfect for warming up for ABH and ABR.

I'm gonna try that. A set or two of 15-20 arch body reps from lying flat works well for me to get activated.

federicoC

Thanks guys, I will try.

This week I'll do my best to keep going getting back to a decent level. And I'll keep you posted + videos (I'm at home, so I can do them easily). I have to see whether I can bring back SLS/PE2, let's see.