Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

just plain fun and some questions

animalhands

So my copy of BtGB showed up on Monday. Excellent, my only complaint is that it wasn't released until i was 30 years old. Why couldn't you have published this thing sooner, Coach? Anyways, I don't like switching up my routines too much but i decided to anyways based on the book. I think a lot of the stuff I was doing wasn't going to transfer towards my goals, i.e. planche, handstand, etc. I'm doing 5 of the static holds, the manna is just plain too hard right now, mostly at the basic levels. I purchased a pullup bar, i forgot how fun it is to hang around trying different levers. One issue is that all the doorways in my house are less than 31 inches so doing the wide grip pull up behind is not possible. I tried it with a narrow grip and was thwarted. Any other good bodyweight traps exercises?

Heres the basic routine:

warm up with a yoga routine

static holds for up to a minute-planche, l-sit, straddle-l, back lever, front lever

pressing- pseudo straddle planche push up, pike push ups, chair dips

pulling- rows, chins

core- v-ups, RLL (headstand), windshield wipers, HLL, german hang pull

What I like the most about BtGB is that exercises are so fun. I teach yoga and am always looking for new ways to add strength building elements. The static holds seem to be it.

Still working on the advanced frogstand.

Thanks everyone,

AH

Any other good bodyweight traps exercises?

I'd recommend building your own parallettes and working on handstands and handstand pushups