Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

handstand training frequency

Justin Andzel

Christian Sørlie

I train 5-7 days a week for about 30-45 min. This is included body line and shoulder stretching.

• Upvote 1

yuri marmerstein

Usually 5 or 6 days a week, typical session lasts two hours counting warmup

Sometimes I will add some other sessions where I include some HSPU or stalder presses in them

Weeks where I am busier I will try to include HS in my schedule, for example this week I had aerial rehearsals almost every day so I would get there an hour early to get some kind of HS training in prior. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

actually, my hs training has been reduced a lot, so i'm doing now 3-4 days a week, 25-30 minutes...

i got back to university, so i have to spend more time sitting and studying, things that i like, but not as much as working in my body ...

what about you Jandzel?   how much time in a week do you spend in hs??

greetings

Christian Sørlie

Lately, I've been doing 7 days a week with 3-4 hours a day.

Puh, easy when you only train one arm at a time :-P

• Upvote 2

Philip Chubb

Puh, easy when you only train one arm at a time :-P

Haha you know, that sort of makes sense lately. My work capacity has improved a bit so by the time one arm is tired, I'm usually able to switch to working on the other.

Justin Andzel

3d guy- Greetings! Hey I have been training hanstands close to an hour or 2 a day. This past week I cut my work load a bit. I was making great progress, but just feeling quite sore and felt likeI was over doing it, I think working to much in the maximum zone, but now I hear about everyone else killing it for multi hours a day....man,I better step my game up lol...And before I was training hs 3 or 4 sessions a day and cut back to 1 session a day and noticed a drop in my balance. The more you practice the more comfortable you feel, I just need to find that fine balance point between doing too much and over stressing my joints, and not doing enough to the point my hs suffers!

Alessandro Mainente

if you're searching for how to master the handstand you will find that the time spend following the H1 material is sufficient to develop high quality handstand.

as example me now i'm spending totally 4 set of 1 minutes and half for the hs hold, paired with 1 minutes for every mobility exercises. add the necessary rest, probably not more then 15 minutes, this schedule 3 times a week.

• Like 1

Oldrich Polreich

When i started seriously training one armed HS, in went up to 1-2 hours a day, 6-7 days a week.  Not including flexibility and "freerunning" HS stuff (Jumps, climbdowns, kongHS etc.)

How's your pushing strength when you're working on hand balancing so much? I'm not even doing a quarter of what you guys do and my hspu strength already suffers a lot :( No surprise though as my work capacity sucks as bad as probably no one else's.

Douglas Wadle

If you're not doing a lot of strength work, handstand practice should be done daily to make the most progress. Even just 10 mins a day will give you great progress over time. If you're working strength moves like HSPU then you will need to moderate that. I am not an expert at handstands and have a lot of work to do, but as a general rule, skill work can be done daily to make the most gains.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, and I thought I was over training with 1 hour HS 3 times/week. You guys just motivated me to train more!

But I usually like to train 1 day and rest the next because I get too sore. What about you guys?

Justin Andzel

I train every day. Your body was made to move. I like to get out and work and train movements almost every day. The key is to vary intensities so you allow yourself to improve and progress. One day you go very hard, the next day you back it off a bit. I personally have found a push/pull split to work for me and allows me to train hard daily and make make progress. I have been doing pushing workouts m,w,f and pulling t,th,sa. Pushing work involves lots of handbalancing, l-sit, planche and heavy squats. Pull days involve front and back levers, weighted pullups, rope climbing and an olympic lift usually power cleans or snatches. Sunday is just warming up with some mobility and locomotion drills and some handstand practice.

Christian Sørlie

I incorporate play days where I play around with things that I can do but not effectively train. Like block walks and beginning OAHS work.

Wow, I'm impressed. Ok I'm going to try working out every day! Intense one day, and light the next.

Justin Andzel

Boomshaq-

Listen to your body, but don't be afraid to push yourself. Without struggle there is no progress. Good luck in your training!

Justin

• Upvote 1

As soon as my wrists feel better, I'm going back to at least 1 hour every day.

I over did it on planche work, but HS doesn't bother them at all.