Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Neck/Back Pain caused by weak Traps?

Philipp Zimmermann

Philipp Zimmermann

Hi, :)

Every other day I have some serious neck and upper back pain.

I normaly fight it with some hot and cold therapy and little stretching and most of the times the pain will disappears over the night.

But this is just a solution for a short time...

And I want something that will help me to get rid of it.

I do a lot of work for my shoulders, but I think I never really hit my traps.

Could this maybe be the cause of my problems?

Also when i protact my shoulders I feel a slighty pain on top of my scapular and when I depress I get a strange feelings in my arms.

Could you share some bodyweight traps exercise?

Thanks a lot ! :)

Keilani Gutierrez

I did have some neck issues from a few concussions for a really long time.(5-7yrs)  <_<

and one day, i got THE most ridiculous cramp on my trapz whgen I started working on the H1 mobility since then the tendon at the back of my neck that goes from levatatour scapulae has gone down progressively with the trap work. 

http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~uzwiak/AnatPhys/APFallLect15_files/image009.jpg

I used to get these horrible strains from my Trapz that would make me feel like my head was getting sucked into my shoulder. 

no more. B-)

Connor Davies

The best bodyweight trap exercise I know of is handstand wall runs.  Get in a handstand, stomach to wall, with your hands maybe 6-9 inches away from the wall.  As close as you can get them really.  Then making sure your shoulders are shrugged upwards, lift one hand and tap your shoulder with it.  Then the other.  Continue walking back and forth like that, for a total of 10 minutes.  You won't make it at first, take as much rest as you need to, but 10 minutes total from start to finish.

I learned about them here https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/page/index.html/_/tutorials/handstands/handstand-wall-runs-r57

Have fun and enjoy the immense traps you will build from this exercise!

Philipp Zimmermann

Hi,

I will give the HS Wallruns a try tommorow! Seems very effective and I expect some serious "fun" doing them :icon_twisted:

I also have Handstand 1, but I use it way to less... :facepalm: I will change that now and do it more regulary!

Thanks for your answers :)