Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Constructing a routine

Ransom17

I recently got the "BtGB" book in the mail. I've studied the book pretty thoroughly and one thing remains that to some might seem pretty simple:

How do I put together the most efficient routine that utilizes both the static holds and the BW exercises? For the last week I was just doing all of the static holds every day, trying to get those down (on some kind of level) and more or less "testing the waters"... needless to say it reminds me of doing heavy squat days except that every part of my body feels destroyed. I've kind of realised that the static holds need to be done differently.

Some examples would be handy...for example do you treat it much like a weight training routine? Hitting certain parts each day, etc? I know that Coach says to include a pressing/pulling/core/leg per workout, unless I'm misunderstanding.

I'm relatively new to these things, but I have a background in weight training (quite extensively) and I feel that mastering my own body weight has much more function to it than lifting things a bunch of times. Any feedback would be awesome. Thanks and God bless.

Hey Ransom,

IMO, the best thing to do would be to ease into the training with the WOD routines. They are a great way to get acquainted with the various movements and they solve a lot of the problems in regards to what to do. Once you have done those for awhile you will likely have a better idea of what you want to focus on as well as what your capabilities are for selecting exercises to be used in your routine.

I just the other day posted the routine I decided on after following the WOD routines off and on since they began in late December. You can find it here. Others have posted their routines as well, such as here or here.

Hope that gives you a better idea of what is possible. Not sure if any of the routines are truly correct. I suppose a good evaluation can't really be made without knowing the athlete's current abilities. However, if we keep posting our routines and our results with them then members will have a good base of samples to lean on.

- Chris