This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

the workoutlog of the Blairbob

Started by Blairbob, February 9, 2009 · 95 Replies · 15,917 Views

Blairbob

3-19

Did my usual WU. Did some ugly FHS but figured out my RO again ( it's been screwy lately when I've demoed it for the classes/team ). I tried about 5 planches in tuck and pressing from L to tuck planche on PB. Did some decent pirouettes surprisingly. Did one of the ugliest front layout attempts either W or Th. I think I haven't tried in like over a year. I ended on my ass. Still don't have air sense really anymore. Worked some MU stuff, I can get into the transition and get stuck.

Complete four rounds:

10 Circle Front Lever Pulls ( I did one FL progression+10 body lever circles at 45 degrees. typically sets of 2 or 4 )

One 30 second negative pull-up ( I did 20-25s in false grip, making sure my false grip isn't holding my back from MU and stretching out my forearms )

5 Negative Back Pulls ( german hang to basket, I can't remember if it's that or BL negatives ).

One WU set of 95lbx5 BS and 5 more sets of 5r. Ugh. I had thoughts of sprinting but ehh it was super late since I was talking business after the gym with my friend on the phone for 90m.

Blairbob

3-20 Felt sluggish after classes but a bit of food and WU helped. Did some basics and press downs in HS and HS stuff and hit the WOD. Got stuck in MU transition again.

3 sets of MU - XR L-sit - press shoulder stand - forward roll to shoulder stand - lower to XR straddle L - FL - BL

3x5 360s

finish with 2x10 Wall Extensions

MU was spotted and I can't do the forward roll to MU. I can end up in hang. Couldn't figure out the shoulderstand to straddle L though my straddle L sucks so after falling down I tried on a set of low rings for about 10s. Adv FL, straight back lever. Tried straddle and it seems easier than 1/2 lay.

For the 360s, the first 2 sets I did a small swing to pull to invert and BL to GH, then pike back ( shoulda reversed cranked ) and lower through FL to hang. 3 reps of this. Then I did 2reps of pullup rock back through FL and BL to GH, same as before. Oops.

Last set I did pike skin the cat to GH and back. Last set was 4-1 instead of 5. Still tough.

3 sets of 6 25yd sprints after sprinting drills. 10 breaths ( walking back ) till sprint again and 90s between each round. I was gonna do more but knee felt twingy/stiff.

Blairbob

3-22

2/3rd Helen 7:52

Failed about 5 reps and nearly faceplanted on the DB swings in 2nd round. Ugh

stretched afterwards, mostly pike and straddle stretches since I can feel my hams tighten up like a mofo.

Blairbob

3-23

About an hour of basics.

Complete 3 sets each:

1 Embedded BL + 3 Back Lever Curls

1 Embedded PL + 5 Korean Dips

1 Embedded FL + 5 Weighted HLL

Finish with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

BL in 1/2 lay for 10s, no idea if I did the BL curls correctly.

Straight Arm Frogstand ( I still feel trashed from Helen ). 5 single rail dips ( i tried doing some from back support on rings but felt funny ).

Adv Tuck FL for 10s + 5 Weighted HLL 4-5 pounds. LL to about 45 above horizontal.

Blairbob

3-24

Complete four rounds:

10 depth jumps

30 seconds weighted jumping deck squats

30m sled/tire sprints

Finish with 2x60 seconds seated toe point stretch

10 depth jumps 6-7 feet. ( required me to build some steps up to it ).

About 10 jumping deck squats with 18pd bar.

2x15m sled sprints with big box.

I'll consider my squat day of the week and DL on Thursday.

At home:

3 rounds of (5m rest time)

2 cross lower down and pullout with cross trainers ( fail on rep 2 in last 2 rounds )

1 lower down to cross and hold for 5s

One Arm Chin Up negative for about 7s using opposite hand fingers on bar as assistance.

2.5 x 50lb PB dips ( had to raise DB's from bottom of dip to support ) fail on last rep of round 3.

Didn't really do much upper body work today except some HS stuff.

Blairbob

3-26

Didn't do the GB WOD and did 3 rounds of heavy DL instead. 3-4-4. Pretty lousy. I was that tired.

Blairbob

Warmed up with some HS work like jump presses from sitting, 30 feet of HS walking, 5 pirouettes and back extension roll to HS with straight and bent arms, a pass of forward roll pike press to HS and 5 kicking to free HS ( which were crappy ) and 5 wall press downs.

GB WOD of MU ( self spotted ) to L for 2s, bulgarian dip, back roll to BL for 5s, pull out to advanced tuck FL for another 5s. 2 rounds per set, 3 sets.

Was supposed to be consecutive but wasn't happening and took 10 heaving breaths in between. Could not back roll from support in 2nd round or pull out of BL.

Used 3m rest periods since I wanted to hurry up. Skipped 3x5 of body levers which I'll do tomorrow with last Monday and Thursdays GB WOD's.

3 heavy sets of DL 4,8, and 10 with warmup and back off sets. Some cuban presses and wallslides.

Skipped Monday's workout as I was dead last night, probably from crappy sleep. Slept pretty well Monday night though, 9 hours straight through.

Blairbob

Haven't logged for awhile. Took Wednesday off and Thursday off as I felt dead afterwards and hadn't had a lot to eat or hydration either day. Tumbled a few passes and did 3 sets of ring dips on Thursday for 13 strict, swinging, and kipping which are up from 7-9 from last time I tested.

Felt dead Friday as well, didn't even want to go to work. I think maybe it's the fact I've run out of fish oil and VitD and milk since mid-week and so my recovery ability is crap. I feel like the back of my throat is phleghmy. Considering last weekend maybe what has caused. Tuesday workout felt so good, felt somewhat tight after DL and hav been continuing to feel so.

Not sure if I feel lethargic, because I've been so or I'm at the beginning stages of coming down with something. Head and face feel a bit flushed and throbbing head.

Just gonna take it easy I think this weekend. Mind wants to do something, body wants nothing of it.

Blairbob

4-6

A sort of amalgam of 3 GB WOD's. WU was straddle HS presses on wall and slight bent arm pike presses on wall, HS walking, upper arm PB swings and stride swings on PH and bucket circle work. Made a few strict MU ( with legs piking on the way up ) during boy's team workout besides 1 hang pull to invert ( slightly too hollow, possible slight bent arms ) and a BL for about 3-5s.

4 rounds of:

*10 clapping PU+1m wall HS

*cirque+15 swinging dips

*10 basket to german hang pulls+20' of L-sit walking

hopping PU for clapping Pu, last 5 of round 4 were strict as no hop was happening and first 5 and came off. instead of cirque, i did straddle L rope climb 1/2 the way up 1st 2 rounds and regular rope climbs with feet, hand above-pull and lowered the same way ( kind of focusing on one arm ) the last 2. 1st and 3rd round of swinging dips were 15 and 10-5 of forward swinging dips and 2&4 were 7-5-3 and 5-5-5 of backward swinging dips. instead of L-sit walks did butt scoots as it was not happening on PB at all.

used 90-120s of rest time between giant sets ( mostly 90, but a few times 105-120 ). got the dry heaves once but i attribute it to low energy in tank and just being tough

finished up with 3x5 of negative SLS ( focusing on balance control for 7-10s ) and single leg arch-ups unweighted. 3m rest periods.

Blairbob

4-7

Warmup with adult class. 30m of skill work before GB WOD. Had to get my head into workout mode as I was still a bit flustered from some mental drama. Part of me just wanted to shutdown. Grr. I'vet yet to get one 1-2hr skill work session in yet. Grr.

Practiced some muscle-ups before hand and failed so kipped a few and worked the transition off a box. Practice mixed grip and undergrip kipping pullups in prep for CF NC qualifier. Need to hit chest to bar. Might just use a regular kip as I don't think my butterfly kip is up to par yet. Practised pullup through front lever to back lever a few times besides some ring dips. Was too tired to do some steady state front/back lever work.

Hit the GB WOD and wasn't sure I could do it. First 6 were legs on insides of straps and last 6 were on legs outside ( easier and it was getting to the point I couldn't hold for the entire duration with legs inside ). Much easier when they are close to floor versus having to jump press into from a box. WU DL & rested 5m afterwards and...

heavy DL 4-10-8 with 5m rest periods. Rested 3m and...

bent arm body levers full ROM 3x5. Wasn't happening with straight arm though as I can only do negatives of those.

thought about some metcon but maybe i'll just make sure I do some this weekend for day 5 or tomorrow. Should rest tomorrow but we'll see. Be nice to get skill work in.

Blairbob

4-9 I didn't see this in time as I checked merely minutes before you posted. I figured wallabies might be a sub for the arch>hollow ups but wasn't sure. 2 of the gals wear tiger paws and are leery of their wrists so I was going to have them do it n

Girls were not able to do wheels and we did go over wallabies but ended up doing pike HeSPU on a portapit. They were not able to do the kick to HS from a tuck HeS either and they asked me to participate. I don't have the hang of lowering in the handstand and pushing up while being still. It was a chore getting one gal ( who still competes L9 NAIGC ) to be willing to do them properly to a HeS with head in front instead of head in. She's also the one who wanted to do the V-up, arch roll thing. They love working that sort of stuff.

After showing the arch to pike ups, they wanted to do hollow, v-ups ( I did 3 ), roll through arch to hollow.1x on each side ( so 9 total v-ups ). I think they did some arch ups in there but I was only able to do 15-10-10 (not timed but I think 1/s ) on the arch to pike/hollow ups.

We did 3 rounds instead of 4 because of me, oops. We ended up doing it as a metcon, because of time. We did 10 skin the cats as strength work prior.

I managed 21 kipping ring dips, yes these are sort of retarded but I wanted to test them while I was somewhat fresh for a post on CF of ratio of strict to kipping ring dips. Then I did 5 pike presses on a wedge mat nearly getting down to the floor. I think it's mostly been a technique/balance thing to get them lower but it is easier to do them on a wedge mat than the wall.

3x5 heavy BS of 5-7-5. Ended with shoulder mobility.

Blairbob

4-10

Computer has been down to failing power supply. Fun.

GB WOD of 3x of

MU to L-sit to tuck planche, forward roll to FL, MU, Bulgarian dip, backward roll to BL. I did these coming down after the levers and a self spotted MU. Maybe I should just kip the MU. I used advanced tuck FL and straight BL.

3x5 tick tocks. first 3r were done with a small kip, straight body. Last 2 where done with pullup, lever through and back.

Blairbob

4-13

Perform 3 sets each of:

1 Embedded BL + 5 XR Bulgarian Rows used lowering into tuck and extending 5-6s

1 Embedded PL + 5 XR Bulgarian Pushups low tuck planche for 5-6s

1 Embedded FL + 4 Circular HLL advanced tuck for 10, HLL seem too easy maybe need to go slower, quad cramps.

1r of light BB SLS ( leg hanging vertically ) fail on each leg. 75pds or so.

2 sets of 5r SLS with 43pounds. 1 round on back, other in front rack.

3x5 sets of depth drop, jump up to block. 30" block ( did these before SLS )

30-45m of skill work. A few sets of ring routine stuff and took some video. Did some tumbling, horrible standing backs. attempted max set of kipping ring dips hitting only 13

finished with shoulder/back mobility and 30s of straddle L and 30s of straddled manna progression l1.

chest is very sore, perhaps became of bulgarian ring pushups or upper arm to support dips in skill session.

Blairbob

Video of the ring routine from last night and some of the pistols. Didn't quite hit the shoulderstand as vertical as I wanted and Erik wasn't much help in verbally critiqueing where I was. Muscle-up was non kipped but I did pike quite a bit besides pulling at a diagonal angle and piking ( sort of kipping by BtGB standards ).

Blairbob

4-15

Erik and I did this as a metcon and it sucked because of our lack for time ( he really wanted to work on floor mushroom ). We did 3 rounds so I could have him get some stretching in before it was time to go. Sucked hard.

We did hopping pushups instead of wheels since his technique wasn't ready.

Blairbob

4-16

Thursday WOD as a metcon. 24 inch box, 2x25lb DB.

Did something called core 4/5 with the girls each round. Pushup hold, plank hold, both sides, back support hold on forearms 15s each hold.

Had to workout with the adult class, besides they enjoy it better than me just watching them.

Justin Rawley

Keep 'dem girls on their toes. :D Don't let 'em slack.

Blairbob

we actually used to workout under the same adult class coach, Roger Harrell of CrossFitMarin. We may have worked out once together a long time ago, so it's kind of comforting doing that sort of horrible conditioning. Brings back good memories.

Blairbob

4- 20

4 rounds of

Naners- pullup to long hang pullover in pike to support, roll forwards back to flex arm

5-5-4(fail in 5 nearly oww), 3

rope climb with feet, one arm negative lower with other assist down rope

5 negative back levers, first 3 rounds in 1/2 lay, last round in advanced tuck

wait 10m

30 HS shoulder tappers ( wall runs )

21 2x25 DB swing through straddle high squat to above head ( like a KB swing but more brutish )

20 of wall runs

15 of DB swing

10 wall runs

9 DB swings

3:57

2x6 pike press HS alternating straight and bent arms

60s of straddle L, shoulders, pike, and split

sternum/breastbone still sore doing ring series after coaching today. need to stay off rings as even ring support hurts ( when not warmed up of course ). will see if pb dips hurt as single rail casts to HS didnt hurt earlier.

Blairbob

4-26

It's been awhile since any workouts. Moved a lot of last week so was either packing or moving stuff. Chest still hurt a bit so I layed off in coupling with the moving.

Biked 8 miles to friends house to pick up tupperwear and stuff I forgot. Went to local HS and pitched 49 pitches after a dynamic WU.

Max 100 15.52

200 32.47

400 1:19

Very disappointed as I didn't think the biking or pitching would take it out of me. Started winding out at the tail end of runs ( its been a long time since I've sprinted because of weekends and rain ) even though I set what I thought were good paces.

I weigh 25 pounds more than senior year at roughly 2x the BF and 45 more than junior year. Something to think about. Meh. Jr year I wasn't doing any strength training really, just sprinting and BW conditioning we did.

I was hoping for at least sub 13, 28-29 and near 60s. Bah.

Last night did max reps of 11 failing on 12 ring pullups and 25 BFK PU on HB before grip failed. I think was more of a function of just doing it cold though I haven't really been working PU endurance in a long time. Maybe I should be doing some GTG PU or a density program with strict or kipping.

Blairbob

4-27

Made up last week's workout of:

Complete 3 sets each of:

1 Embedded BL + 5 Seated MU

1 Embedded PL + 5 RLL

1 Embedded FL + 5 V to L HLL

I started in ball tuck BL and extended out to straddle. It makes the glutes hurt versus 1/2 lay. I could move into 1/2 lay but not into straight. I only did the MU till the transition because of some worries about my chest lately. It's getting better, but still.

Low tuck planche, but may have been slightly higher than I'm giving it credit for. 5 RLL, fast up, 3-5s lower down.

FL extending from tuck to adv tuck or straddle. I have a really wide straddle. Instead of V to L, I did 3s of V on stall bars, lower down for 3s. Oops, I did 3r instead of 5. Tried to do L raise to V with bent legs and extending straight legs and it wasn't happening.

30s of straddle L in 6 sets to finish off with.

2m rest periods between giant sets.

Before I did this, I did a bunch of HS stuff. 3 walks on floor of 10, 20 and 40 or so feet. 5 really poor pirouettes. 5 press downs against wedge mat on the wall. 3 press ups from tuck sit using jump action. 1 pass of forward roll squat2pike press to HS. Some RO that were ok but felt very funky till I started overthinking and had to bail on a few. Blech. Did a few kickovers and bridges.

Set the PB for upper arm swings and warmed up upper arm dips and swings-2 sets of 5. Baby support swings were not gonna happen nor did stride swings on pommel.

Tomorrow I'll do the HS course+ and Monday's leg workout and DL. I want to do both workout A and B sometime this week of the Crossfit Norcal Regional Qualifier workouts to see what they are like. Calves are a bit tight from the sprinting yesterday and walking today since my bike was stolen :evil: :!:

Justin Rawley

That s*cks in a mighty ugly way. It happened to me once and about a year later, the bike showed up at the shop where I bought it. That bike had picked up enough distinguishing characteristics in it's lifetime of service that the people at the shop recognized who's it was. They could identify it through their purchase records and so it was returned to me. I hope you get your bike back as well.

Blairbob

Yeah, more so, I hated the walking since my calves are tight from Sunday sprinting. My hamstrings have recovered and loosened up but the calves were trashed and as well it made me late to my team class which kinda put the workout in disarray.

My roommate said I could use his for the meantime. Part of me hopes I bump into who stole it so I can use my bike pump and quick wrench for " hostile-negotiations. "

Blairbob

4-28

I will do the HS obstacle course with the boys tomorrow. I built a good one but that wedge is just too steep. It was a wedge and then panel mat steps down into floor paralletes. Pretty cool.

I opted to do 3 or 4 rounds of plance and lever stuff. No BL or support stuff like ring support or PB/PH because of my chest still. Played with HS presses ( which I can nearly do a textbook HS press from straddle stand unlike my old press- I typically work 2 or 3 sets of these per workout in the WU against the wall, besides jump presses ). Momentary straddlle planche but pancaked on my face when I tried to look in the mirror. Need a camera. Some bulgarian L pullup to front adv tuck lever sets. No body levers were gonna happen. Did 2 rounds of chest to bar hollow pullups ( 4-5r ) and 2x3 of false grip PU to sternum.

Kinda forgot about the SLS/leg curls, but this week is gonna be weird because of going to the CF Norcal Qualifiers as a judge which should make Fri-Sun moot. I want to do the day 1 workout on Thur in 2 segments so tomorrow will be a light day.

Did 2 sets of WU DL with light beams and DB and then hit 3x6 DL.

Ended with a short metcon of 30 burpees+30 thrusters+30 jump switching lunges with back foot elevated (more ROM?).

Walked home. I really hate walking. Boring, like 25-30m.

Blairbob

4-29

Did this today for about 20m. I wanna say 50-75 attempts.

A few steps on floor with 3 steps of panel mats and then down floor PB rails. I only made it to the PB 2x and fell off. In fact, there was a lot of falling. My boys enjoyed it though after their conditioning of 5 V holds and 3 LL + 3 rounds of CTB or Ring PU.

Basically a light day, since I think I started feeling the DL as the day progressed on.

I will probably try WOD A of the Norcal Regional Qualifier and test the clean and MU in the WU. I've got a hunch that both will aggravate my chest too much since ring support and MU did place stress on the breastbone today.