This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

the workoutlog of the Blairbob

Started by Blairbob, February 9, 2009 · 95 Replies · 15,917 Views

Blairbob

So I guess I'll start logging my gymnastics WOD's here. Usually I do my own gymnastics workout or a D&S or the GB but haven't gotten to logging them ( too much logging over on CF and CFG but I don't log my gymnastics workouts there ).

2-8

Usual WU and mobility, blah-blah-blah. It was late so a bit shorter than preferred. HS on wall to warmup cause I didn't want to make any noise as late as it was. To add as a WU, 3 sets of ring support.

Move on to 3 reps of MU from knees to support to just work motion. Next set was 3 reps from L to support. Followed by 5 reps in band. Still weak out of the hole. Worked 10 dips in band, I dunno why as I barely used it.

3 rounds of wall HSPU to HeS, HLL, chicken dips, and squat to calf raise. 6-7-13-17. 10 wall slides and DB wrist prevention. ta-da. Was a bit weery of strained knee ligament from Sat training. Seems to be fine.

Blairbob

2-9

After coaching boy's team I did some warmup and eventually did some swings on SR and HB and PB swing to HS. At least I remember how to swing on HB and SR though my swing is of poor amplitude. I have forgotten the timing and tap of PB swing to HS though. I did some wall HS, wall presses to HS, tuck up presses to HS, mat presses to HS, kick to HS, and HS walking before hitting the WOD. Just a short workout.

I used lower through back lever from invert to german hang and did assisted one arm negative pullups on HB 5s eachx3 reps. I'm not sure if I should have done one arm body rows on rings or with a block assist, legs in L instead. I guess I could have just done BL instead but I didn't have enough to lower to BL and pull back to invert or forgot and I actually wanted to work on pulling out from below horizontal so I can do it from german hang eventually with a swing and without.

I didn't have enough in me to hold a tuck planche so I did straight arm frogstands for 5s each and I was doubtful of my ability to do HSPU on SR on straps so I held the HS for 20s legs on inside of straps. I'm pretty sure I can only do 1-2 full ROM HSPU with straps and maybe 2-4 if partial ROM. I thought the tuck planche would be cake.

I used single leg front lever negatives and body lever lift and negative down x3.

I did backbend to stand up without the wall instead of bridge wall walks.

I started feeling hungry immediately after stopping and got some choco milk within 15m. I ate around 345 mainly a glass of juice, huge glass of milk, VitD and CalMagZinc besides a strip of fruit jerky and tritip. I had a strip of tritip during break but didn't have enough time to go get some milk and didn't have anymore fruit jerky as I gave it to my L4 who forgot his snack. Surprised I did as well since it was 4 hours since I ate really besides the tritip and some gulps of water.

I'm glad I hit this before going home. If I had more time I'd work more swings on events. Wrists still need to get stronger before more tumbling can be done. Pinky still hurts after swinging from gripping.

Blairbob

2-10

Still didn't keep myself fed or hydrated enough. Only had a double del before work and a piece of fruit jerky before the WOD besides two small drinks at the water fountain. Tues and Thur suck that way as I typically do 4.5hrs straight of coaching.

Unfortunately I did 3 rounds and just didn't remember the 4th. The difference in time is due to using a different frisbee ( had a sticker on the top so less friction ). I did half of the ag walk 4 for 20 feet and variation 3 for 20 feet. This is what took up about half the time since I finished the 20 circles in under a minute and tried a minute of swinging dips to planche. I did not swing in the front but killed it, ending up in a bent bottom of dip L that pushed out.

Hahah, wth was I thinking when I said cast to horizontal could be similar to a german. I was thinking I could stall the planche on a single rail but there isn't muc momentum off a pommel horse. I was typically just doing a straight body planche but the back was not as hollow as I would prefer unless I straddled ( which I only remembered to do a few times ). I wasn't anywhere near a planche while doing the German on pommel horse, maybe 45-30 degrees below horizontal though I didn't try to straddle planche nor did I try tuck planche.

4:25

3:57

4:05

I ended with doing 5 sets of beam DL, using a light low beam (50-85lbs) x10, a low heavy(250lbs)x10, a medium heavy beam (275lbs min)x8, the high beam(270-385lbs) for another 8 and tried another set of these and only did an excruciating 4. I thought maybe I had done enough rest (3-5m) but I think my CNS was fried from the set before.

Blairbob

2-12

Instead of heavy deck squats, I opted for heavy BS because today was supposed to be a heavy BS day per OLAD. I didn't think we had any sort of real weight to deck squats but come to think of it the body bars may weigh 20 pounds and I didn't want to wait till I got home so I could use my DB. I did 3x10s for glute ham negatives.

I did forget hip extensions so I'll do those later before sleep.

Tomorrow I think I will do mainsite CF Fran at the gym and do the 12 sets of HS when I get home. I think I'll video it.

Blairbob

2-13

5:26, somewhat disappointed as I was shooting for 3-5m. First set of thrusters was full through but got rough at the end. Got out of rhythm early in the BFK but got it back easily. 2nd and 3rd sets of BFK PU. Had to split each set of thrusters and catch my breath before getting on the bar.

Used a beam. Supposed weight is 96 but it really sucks when you are just a teeny bit off balance.

Once again like last night, I had enough energy to work out but was still running on fumes. 2 eggs at 6pm and a piece of fruit jerky before the WOD. No milk

I was going to have my boys do Fran tonight for conditioning but we ran out of time ( because they were too squirrely and sucked on FX ) so just had them stretch.

I'll finish off with the GB WOD of 12 rounds of 30s wall HS with 45s of rest.

Blairbob

2-14

Went to training and attempted to do a HS for National HS day. Took me 5 attempts and it wasn't pretty. Didn't take a picture. Layed on the floor and then went to sleep. Fried from Fran. Had thoughts about doing a reverse Fran and decided to take the day off.

Took off 2-15 Sunday as well cause I was a lazy bum.

Blairbob

2-16

Burgener WU

2 rounds of 2 full ROM HSPU on parallettes, followed by 5s tuck planche, followed by 3 pseudo planche pushups.

2 more sets of 5 ring dips on rings way deep.

GB WOD:

did 5 hopping pullups because I wasn't sure about the clapping pullup. did 5 tops pulls in tuck instead of 10 and did 3 skin the cats from L due to doing the WOD at home since I had the day off.

Finished off with 8 rounds of tabata squats:16 ( coulda done 17 but left knee popped and it hurt )-16-16-16-16-15-15-14.

Shoulder rehab and wall slides

to think that in early 07, fall 06 I could do around 10 HSPU on parallettes within 45s and now it's a struggle for 2. Even HeS>HSPU are not easy.

Blairbob

3 sets of Front Lever Pull - Yewki - MU - XR L-sit - press shoulder stand - XR Bulgarian dip - XR dip - BL - FL

3 x 5 L-sit lifts on the XR

Finish with 2 x 10 Wall Extensions

Oops. I did the regular dip before Bulgarian dip and 1x10 tuck sit extend to L and 1x10 ring support leg lifts.

I'll do the wall extensions before bed.

Warmed up with some PB swings and SR swings. Finished off with 2x4 of DL per OLAD DL. Was going to do 5 sets but pushed for time to get out of the gym tonight. Weight was 250ish. I was too sapped to try the big heavy beam.

Another Tuesday of limited food while coaching. 2 or 3 eggs and a piece of fruit jerky and 7 gulps of water about 5 hours after lunch. Bleh.

Rest times may have been 2-3 minutes for the ring routine. destroyed a bit by the push and pull work I did last night. Back was creaky all day today, popping like crazy and tight.

Blairbob

Pretty much a rest day. 5mi of walking broken up through the day and some playing around with the boys during strength and flexibility testing.

Managed to crank off 10 ICM ( pullup to front lever, rock back to flex arm hang ). Felt good, but slightly sore today and we all needed a break from constant routine work.

Blairbob

Missed writing down the 2-3m of rest per round so it turned into a sort of metcon. In any case I was getting hungry after doing Thursdays WOD first. About 9 jumping pistols per leg each round. Used a 5 foot box to jump off. Ugh, fell back on rep 1 round 4.

Attached a jump rope to a gymnastics box and pulled it 50 feet back and forth.

Forgot bridge walks, did them at home.

Used 2x5s straight back lever, 5r horizontal body row on rings since tucked front lever pullups weren't gonna happen. Used tuck planche 5s that was low first two round but failed halfway through and switched to straight arm frogstand. Forgot to hop out of the pushup on rings. Used advanced tuck with hips and knees at 90 degrees 5s and did hang L to V fo 4r. Harder on shoulders than abs because of shoulder flexibility.

Blairbob

2-23

3 sets of 3-5 weighted single leg squats and single leg archup ( one leg anchored back extension )

I went to easy on this as I decided to do this at the gym so there really isn't a lot of weights around. I found 3 body bars of 9,15, and 18 pounds but I did forget I could have used one of the portable beams ( otherwise I would have used my 2-25lb DB ).

1st round I used 15, 2nd I used 27 and the third I used 42 pounds total and only then did it feel intense. Wasn't really sure how'd it feel so I played it safe.

For some odd reason, I went from light to medium to heavy body bar for the single leg arch ups but I probably should've used similar weights to what I did for the single leg archups.

I did this after doing some PH, PB, SR and FX. Just basics and swings. 3 rounds of pullup rock to front lever and 2rm of reverse crank paired with 10 kick to HS, 10 press to HS, and 10 attempts at walking in HS with a final round of pullup through front lever, invert to back lever and back. Reps were 5 on those and the pullup rock to FL. Attempted about 5 MU prior to that but didn't have much push strength today after doing the basic swing work on apparatus.

Blairbob

2-24

10 minutes of HS on rings with legs on inside of straps.

30s-30s,20s-20s-20s,15sx4,15sx4,15sx4. This was only 5 minutes worth and believe it or not, it took me 35m or so. Rest periods might have taken too long, but it probably took at least 5-10s to get into each HS before I started the count and 5-10s to psyche myself up to jump into the HS. I didn't bring my XR to work so I used the low rings (3') and put a block underneath them. Ehh.

I stopped with 5 minutes since I was already breaking down at 15s.

Preceded to OLAD Heavy Balance Beam DL. Used a light BB to wu for 10r, then did sets of 4, 8, and 10 with the heavy beam and a cooldown set of 10 with the light beam. Et finis.

I had thought about doing 5 more minutes of support work on rings or L or 10m of wall HS but it was getting late as it was. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Blairbob

2-26

Complete four rounds:

20 Swinging Dips

30 seconds XR Support Hold

20' L-sit Walk

Finish with 10 Wrist Pushups

Started out doing swinging dips 1st round and ended up doing variation 3, 2nd round, and splitting it into forward and backwards for the last 2 of 10r.

ring support was 15-15, 15-10-5-5, and assisted support hold for 30 last 2 rounds.

L sit walk wasn't happening on parallettes, PB, even sideways on beam. Did butt scoots instead.

Yet another workout plagued by a lack of food and hydration during the day. Finished off with BS, 10r of 96, 4r of heavy, 8r, 5r, 5r, 5r, 10r of 96 to warm down.

Should've just done variation of ring dips fwd and bwd from the beginning, was too much even with 30s of rest. L-sit walk took about 20 scoots. Uck.

Blairbob

2-27

Another day a bit light on food and hydration. A quart of choco milk and some fruit jerky from TJ.

Was figuring I could do rings GB WOD at home. Never happened.

Figured for the hell of it, before I left I'd do some thrusters since 96lbs is cooler than 2x25lb DB.

Did a set of 45. Could do more but these weren't cycling fast as I wanted but could because of no WU. Around 2-3s.

Did 15 more, slighter faster, 2s+

Did another 15 around 1/s.

Going to LA so nothing on Sat. Sun may be able to do someting at Mom's and maybe Mon make up Friday's GB WOD.

Blairbob

3-3

Catching back up Friday's GB WOD as I slacked off on Mon as well after trip to LA.

Made this one up last night 3-3 as I'm a few days behind as I missed it on Friday.

3 sets of MU, L-sit, forward roll to MU, L-sit, forward roll to MU, L-sit, forward roll to hanging L, Crank, Reverse Crank

3x5 Tick Tocks

Finish with 10 Wall Extensions

Used 3m rest periods for ring strength routine and 2m for tick tocks, 5m for DL.

Started off with a few sets of stride swing on PH, swing to HS on PB and SR swing. After a few sets, finally got my SR swing into feeling like I can engage the shoulders. Hurts like hell to turn out so need more back swing. Did some HS press negatives and HS walking, rolling and kick to HS, donkey kick to HS, jump press from kneel to HS.

Still don't have the forward roll into MU. I practiced rolling and maintaining the false grip but that's all I got to. Nearly was destroyed when in the L hang to do the crank ( in tuck ) and reverse crank in straight body.

Did the tick tocks in adv tuck FL and 1/2 lay back. Ugh.

Finished off with DL

1x10 light, 4r heavy, 4r heavy, 4r heavy, 6r heavy, 10 more light. I think there were 4 heavy sets, could have been 5. 10 light SLDL to end on.

Shoulder therapy ( cuban presses, in/ex rotation stuff, db arm circles ) and 10 wall walks.

Blairbob

Btw, 3-3 WU was 8 round tabata squat with adult class. I lost track since I sort of was focusing on them more than myself besides my cargo shorts tearing in the crotch even more ( precipatated by a straddle toe touch demo for one of the would be young cheerleaders [cargo shorts do not like straddling] ).

3-5

1 rep Embedded PL + 5 MU

1 rep Embedded BL + 5 Headstand RLL

1 rep Embedded FL + 5 L-sit Lifts

Finish with 10 Bridge Wall Walks+

3x5 heavy weighted SLS instead of usual Th Heavy BS.

3x5 GHR

Finish with 60 seconds total aggregate work of a straddle L variation.

1m rest between giant sets, 3m between rounds. 3m between rounds of pistols and negative glute ham hold set.

Kinda mussed this one up. I did my usual swings on apparatus before but my wrists were trashed to do any mushroom. Did a bunch of HS walking, negatives and jumping presses from a tuck sit. I'm gonna keep on doing this till my wrists are built up again.

Made up Monday's workout and did it before this with a 5m interlude. I used tuck planche which is still slightly low I think, 1/2 lay back lever and adv tuck FL.

L sit to high tuck is harder to do than lower than horizontal L to L or ring support leg lifts.

Did glute ham negatives and hold instead of raises. Ended up doing Hanging leg lifts instead of L sit leg lifts for some silly reason. I did 3 sets of 5 afterwards. On a funny note, I was unable to do L hang to V leg lift instead of the L sit leg lift after those giant sets from Monday.

Instead of heavy BS I did the weighted pistols. I used 43lbs ( 1 18,15,9,and 4lbd body bar ). It kinda sucks to hold them in a front rack like position by flexing my biceps. I tried holding a small light beam but it killed my wrists to use it that way. I did glute ham negatives instead of the floor glute ham raise cause I forgot. Left leg is weaker than right.

My back was sore when I got home and I finished 6x10 about 15 degrees below horizontal straddle L on high parallettes. Didn't have time to do it after gym as I wanted to hit the supermarket before midnight.

I did find out that my inability to workout after gym isn't really connected to a light protein intake during the day but is more related to hydration ( since I rarely get a break on Tu and Th and not much of one on Fri ). A few pieces of fruit jerky but the lack of water is the real culprit not really a lack of calories or protein.

Blairbob

3-6

Complete 4 rounds:

3 Negative Side Lever Pulls (on each side) ( I did invert flag position for 2-3s )

10 Front Lever Pulls ( faster than I like but legit )

5 Back Pulls ( from german hang to basket to invert [ though going from basket to invert is nothing ]). Failed on 2nd round on rep 5 but did the rest and was just about maxed out. Ideally I would have down swing in german hang pull straight body through back lever but oh well.

+

20 min HS Obstacle Course

Out of the 20 minutes, keep track of the total time spent in HS. I did 20m of Wall HS shoulder tappers. 6:02 out of 20m of time.

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

I did Tues GBWOD and then hit this after 5min+ of rest. In 20m of total time, I did 6:02 of wall runs. Blech. I thought about doing the usual press progressions I usually do at gym ( more wallspace than at home ) but decided to not to.

Earlier, since it was just myself and the 2 10yo L4's and we hit all our events in our prep for state; I decided we could set up a HS obstacle course.

I set up panel mats, 2 panels thick, so first mat stack was 2, then the next was 4, then the next was 6; then I set up a small panel mat of 4 layers to walk on up to and then a wedge mat to roll down. I was going to build a pyramid and we also tried going down the obstacle course instead of down. Luckily, the 8yo did his routines before workout today in a private as he can barely walk in HS. Those 2 can probably only do 3-10 feet at best. I told them as we get better, we're gonna build one across the floor and I'll show them the GB video on Monday.

We tried it about a dozen times to maybe 20. Then the compulsory girls saw us and wanted to play as they rotated to floor. They couldn't get enough of it. Only a few of them could do maybe 5-10s of an L sit on floor. So I flaunted that both of them could do 30s+. Heheh, it's fun to irk them.

Justin Rawley

Maybe you should train the girls too. Sounds like they're going slack.

Blairbob

3-9

Complete four rounds:

10 Hopping HeSPUs

30 seconds under-grip HLL

40' Senders

Didn't do much on the weekend, just a little bike riding. Slept 6 hours last night followed by 6 more when I woke up at 4am this morning.

After doing my rounds of basics on FX ( kick to HS; negative press down; donkey kick to HS; jump press from tuck-sit ) PH ( stride swings, swing to leg cut,stride swing, cut back ), PB (walks, hops, swings to HS ) and SR ( just swings ) and MU work. I tried to do the hopping HSPU on floor to no avail. More of just a lower down to HeS. I thought about doing kipping HeS>HSPU but settled with HeS>HSPU with feet piked on a height. Possibly the stuff before decreased my ability to try the hopping HSPU but oh well.

Should I have tried hopping HS on floor ( HS hops/blocking off the floor )?

Undergrip HLL were 14-12-10-10

I set up senders with a floor bar, panel mat stack, small trapezoid, short box, panel mat stack, 32" triangle thingy, 32" box. I could get over the first one but only on top of the 2nd one.

Rounds were fairly short, which was kind of nice. Did some stretching, the toe point stretch and some beam straddle L work. This was fried because of the HLL I think.

Blairbob

3-10

3 sets: 1-3 XR Strap HSPU to 1-3 Bulgarian Dips to 1-3 MU Transitions to 1-3 Bulgarian L-sit Pull-ups to BL to FL

3x5 Tick Tocks

Finish with 2x10 Wall Extensions

Hmm, I skipped the basics because I didn't start till 10:30 cause I was gabbing with an adult from the adult class who used to be an Elite. We had a lot of gym talk to cover. I did a set of PB swings and some kicking to HS and hit the GB WOD.

5m rest periods.

I was concerned about the 1-3 strap XR HSPU. I did them till a 90 degree angle in my shoulders and elbow so not full ROM. 3r.

I went from support through to false grip hang for the transition. Faster than I'd like but acceptably controlled and slow. Straight BL and advanced tuck FL. I did feel the tightness that the L pullups ( Bulgarian ) required in my lower back.

3m rest periods for tick tock. Start in inverted hang in adv tuck, lower and pull through to 1/2 lay BL.

5m later finishing off with 1 wu set of 10 light DL, 3 sets of 4r with 5m rest periods of heavy DL, 1 set of SLDL and GM lightish of 10r.

Wall ext hurt bad. Warmed up with cuban presses.

Blairbob

3-12

What a ****ed day. Attempted to hydrate and eat prior to workout with mitigating success in my opinion.

Warmed up with some gymnastics basics and was running out of gas and feeling weak. Opted to skip GB WOD and do 5x5 heavy BS. Called it a day.

Skipped Friday as well because the girl's coaches were having some parent meetings and I didn't want to wait till they got done or bother them. Went home and didn't make up Thursdays WOD+Fridays WOD.

Saturday went to training ( with some small mileage biking roughly 5-6mi )and got bounced on my head a few times. Came home with the intention of doing Th+Fri or Helen ( CFGenesis is doing a Helen challenge ). Eventually crawled into bed in the afternoon/evening after vegging awhile and woke up after midnight in the early morning. I had some thoughts of doing the GB WOD+Helen or vice versa as I mapped out 400yd but I'm gonna go to Marin today for CFMarin's day in the park and that will probably be taxing enough.

I still want to makeup those WODs and try Helen again. I am also thinking of changing the days I DL and BS ( maybe M and W or Fri? ) and keeping slices of cheese at work and fruit in the hopes I can stay nourished. Never seem to even have time to drink from my water bottle

Blairbob

3-15

Went to CFMarin's Day in the Park. Ended up back at their box.

1 hour of gymnastics:basics, FX, PB, PH.

Then "firebreather WOD" : 5 rounds of 3 snatches and 15 OHS followed by 400m run. Weight was 77 pounds.

Andreas got 16m and I got 20:10 in barefeet. Running on blacktop barefoot was not fun. Pose was good and my calves and quads are dead.

I tried to clean 155 later and no go. Easier from a hang but legs were shot pulling from the floor. 111 was fairly easy but couldn't press it. Had to push press. Gave in to the fact, that I was shot.

Played on rings, watched ppl do stuff and played in some of the Parkour class as "active recovery". Jumping wasn't gonna happen.

Parkour WOD was 8m of 7 jumping MU on a single rail, 20 box jumps, alligator walks.

2 1/3 rounds? Box jumps so sucked to the point I could not even push out of landing on box in squa

Blairbob

3-16

Warmup on strap bar, HS press downs, some chest roll to bent arm push to HS and HS walking. Failed on attempted DU with new jump rope.

3 rounds of

1/2 Lay Back Lever for 10s followed by 4 body lever circles@diagonal in both directions; swissball planche lean on parallettes for 10s followed by 5 chest roll to headstand; and 10s advanced tuck front lever followed by 4r of 2-3s V hang on HB. 2 minute rest periods between compound sets and 5m later hit:

set of 5 jumping deck squats with 18lbs ( too light ) followed by 5 glute ham assisted pushups/leg curls. 3m rest. Pretty easy but killer on the hams.

followed by 2 sets of 5 back bend wall walks to bridge and hip extension to front/side/back. 1 set of cuban presses followed by 5 wall slides and 30s of shoulder flexion ( in over and under grip ) and extension. Very tight so did 10 more dislocates.

Blairbob

Did the 3-13 WOD instead of ring HS. I actually thought I might do the rings HS afterwards but skipped that idea.

WU of some rounds of PH work of stride swing to false scissor timer. In this round was forward roll press to HS in tuck/straddle/pike. As well was PB swings. About 3 rounds. Then did some kick to HS on floor, attempt to straddle down for a free HS negative press down with mitigating success due to poor active straddle about 10x.

Did some ring work 3 rounds of 3r of support muscle down to false grip L and pullup. Then practice 5r of 3s static flex arm hang in L while in false grip. Attempted 3 MU and got into the bottom but unable to press out.

Worked 5 reverse cranks and slight swing pull to invert hang with straight body. Worked 3x of 1r of pullup rock to invert and negative back lever then hit the WOD. I really need to start doing more circle work. Been meaning to do skill training before coaching and conditioning after coaching. Wasn't able to eat or hydrate much and only had a glass milk before leaving for work but ate 4 slices of american cheese and 2 bars of fruit jerky around 8-830p during the adult class. Grabbed a 1/2gal of milk after the class and drank about a 1/4, then another 1/4 periodically before the WOD and after and another 1/4 after everything. Pretty decent workout.

4 rounds of 10 cast wall walks, 30s of wheels, and 30 wall-runs. I can only do bent arm circle wheels when fresh(er) so I did a plyo pushup bringing my hands to my shoulders like a wall run before landing in support. Like a high clapping pushup. Wallruns got tougher toward the end and cast wall walks were miserable in first round.

used 3m rest periods. 10 plyo pushups per 30s each round. rested 5m more and hit WU light BB DL.

Warmup 2 sets of 5r of roughly 50 and 90lb BB. Used 5m rest periods and hit 4r, 6r, and 8r (fail on 9).

Did some body bar attempts at a Jefferson curl and SLDL and GM coupled with 1round of hug the twinkies, curling back extensions, and inverted situps and stall bar leg lifts to 45 degrees off vert. Did 5 cuban presses and shoulder rotations with DB.

Ortprod

You have inspired me to work ring HS. I think I will throw it in this Saturday's workout...

I think I found your training log on the CF forums. Are you CF certified? And are you attending Coach's seminar? 8)