Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

best foam roller

Ralph Palutke

Ralph Palutke

i have read a fair bit about those rumble rollers. sounds really awesome and i think i gonna purchase one.

i want to buy the full size version but can't decide between the blue one (original density) and the black one (extra firm).

any hints?

Karri Kytömaa

The harder the better imho. I rolled on a steel pipe before I got a real roller and still do for my back. For more tender areas you'd prefer softer but it's just pain leaving the body ;)

• Upvote 1

Ralph Palutke

from what i've heard the blue one is also quite firm compared to most of the other rollers.

officially they say that starting with the blue one is recommended.

but i don't want to upgrade later on... anyone who had tried both?

FREDERIC DUPONT

The harder the better imho. I rolled on a steel pipe  (...)

Congratz, you graduated to the spiked roller:

dep_1565245-Spiked-cylinder.jpg

• Upvote 4

David McManamon

The "best" depends on what you are rolling.  I use the chain link fence outside my house for my calves, a normal roller for my legs and a home made 12" roller on my back.  For my neck I use a ball. Also it is important to use them correctly - I almost never roll but instead use pressure on one point for a few breaths then move.

If you just want to roll your legs buy the cheapest one.

Joshua Slocum

I have the black rumble roller. A lot of the time I actually do end up wishing it were 'spikier'. But I find a lacrosse ball generally suffices when I need to dig in deep.

• Upvote 1

Nic Branson

Blue Rumble Roller, lacrosse balls and a Gemini from Rogue. Also an S curved knobby tool if I really need to dig into some tissue.

Love the Blue Rumble Roller, Jack Knobber, and Original Knoblle II, and the Back Knobber II, all great for self massage.

Nic the Gemini looks fantastic, have to pick one up next trip to the US.

My first massage tool, and still perhaps my favourite, a bullet Fischer Space Pen.

I used to just use a black PVC cylinder. No padding. Any foam just breaks down over time. Baseball or golf ball since I have plenty of those and my lacrosse balls kept getting taken at the gym by the dogs.

Some of Rogue's new mobility tools look pretty neat though. My friend loves his MWOD supernova.

Keilani Gutierrez

i'd go with the firmest. i went too light on my first one and wish i had gotten a rad rumble roller because you'll need something progressively firmer to keep everything in check after the first sessions

• 10 months later...