Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ido Portal

One arm press handstand

Guest Ido Portal

It is nice to see the following clip of a young gymnast performing a one arm handstand press on the beam.

This exercise is a highly advanced one and requires special active flexibility (especialy in lateral movement in the spine) and strength, of course.

Cfn2agQEOvA

There are even people able to perform such a feat on the floor. One of them is Claude Victoria's best student - Eric.

Ido.

Razz

Jackie Bender is her name apparently, the clip is from this video.. insane :shock:

jlfqJw35UOI

sasquatch

In the Beijing olympics there was a girl that did a negetive one arm press handstand on beam.

Mikael Kristiansen

1 arm presses are extremely hard. I am working on them a bit now, and it takes a LOT of very specific training to get there. I can easily press 1 arm from standing on the floor, but being able to push through the bottom part is incredibly difficult. I work negatives a lot, which works very well, but I expect spending a long time training for it.

Marlon

I just found this video the other day, between 0:30 and 0:40 one of the performers lowers down into a one arm straddle l-sit and then presses back up into one arm handstand from the floor.

TGeu6c3KLTI

Guest Ido Portal

The video Marlon has posted is actually of....

Eric and Emily - Claude victoria's students.

Eric is one of the best technical performers in the whole buisness, I have written about him in my blog.

Marlon

oh wow, i had no idea the video was actually of the performer you were talking about

Nick Van Bockxmeer
I just found this video the other day, between 0:30 and 0:40 one of the performers lowers down into a one arm straddle l-sit and then presses back up into one arm handstand from the floor.

TGeu6c3KLTI

I worked with Cirque Du Soleil when Dralion was in my town. This is the hand balancing act that i got to see about 60 times -

. Its a different girl performing it now but the act is pretty much the same.