Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

F1 or H1

Josh Randall

Josh Randall

Hi,

I've been looking at F1 and H1 and want to take the plunge.  I was one of the people a few years ago who got BtGB and just couldn't quite make it work.

My plan was to get either F1 or H1, do a few months, and depending on how it went, get the other.

My question is which to start with.  I always seem to have an issue with my right shoulder.  I know for sure my shoulders don't open up enough to stretch my arms straight up in the air.  So I didn't know if it would make sense for me to start with H1 instead of F1?  Doing a handstand has also been a longterm goal of mine.

A little background about me just to get a feel for my level in case it affects your advice:

I'm 6' 2", 175 lbs.  I can do a few pullups, a 2 arm elbow lever, probably about a 250lb deadlift.  I have tight shoulders and hamstrings and probably lots of other stuff.

Goals:

freestanding handstand, single leg squats, nice bridge, sick and tired of being tight, all the Foundation goals look really cool too

Thanks a lot!

Keilani Gutierrez

I'd probably start off with F1.

it hits more areas in terms of mobility, strength, more to work on for your injuries(depending if they are at the level where you can start F1 safely) to start heading towards rehabilitation in the upper body, spine, hips, knees, ankles. 

I love H1 for sure for the wrist work and the mobility is worth gold and so are the ways they work upto a freestanding HS. 

bang for buck, id start with F1 because it also has great carry over to H1 and H1 and F1 are meant to co-exist yet F1 will make a begin a very good base for HS work on top of that. 

all this aside, it really goes down to your goals. there's a money back guarantee, so you're more than welcome to trial it and ask for a switch, if you're not satisfied with your choice. 

there are options to go about it, so you just need to evaluate your goals and buy it, if you want to make a switch, send Cory a PM and he'll get you sorted :)

i'll be seeing you in the forums ^_^

Jon Douglas

Probably same. Its a safe bet that when the mobility results start coming in you won't think twice about picking up H1:)

agreed that F1 is where to start, get everything moving and co ordinated.

Josh Randall

Sounds like the consensus is Foundation One.  Thanks for the feedback.

Its a safe bet that when the mobility results start coming in you won't think twice about picking up H1:)

This is one of the biggest reasons I am wanting to do it.  I haven't seen any other programs that have a progressive mobillity element. 

Karri Kytömaa

Get F1 and start good stretching routine dedicated for your problem areas. Check for Kit Laughlin's materials on web.

That will speed your progress once you get HS1 too.

Joshua Slocum

Definitely begin with F1. It will develop a much broader general fitness. H1 is more specialized; I view it more as a supplement to the Foundation series than a standalone program.

Foundation, definitely. There's a reason we say we integrate H1 with F1and not the other way around. Foundation will get you strong all over, H1 will give you a Handstand and the necessary mobility needed to hold one.

Josh Randall

Step one is done.  I have placed my order.  Now hopefully all I need to do is follow the steps and get strong!

Srini Duggirala

Newbie here.

I am in a dilemma to choose between H1 and F1.

I am 43 and in a fairly good shape with around 15% BF. I have zero experience with gymnastics. My goal obviously is not to become a master of gymnastics but build overall body strength and be able to do A & B level stuff!!

I am not in a position to install a stall bar at this point nor the rings. Is it worth starting out with HS1 instead of waiting for 6 months or longer to get the necessary equipment for FS1? I might get them sooner but I just don't know when and don't want to waste any more time.

What do you guys think I should do?

Josh Randall

Hey Natural,

I went ahead and got F1.  I'm glad I did.  It looks great for overall strength and joint mobility.  I will need to get some equipment together too, but it looks like for a few months it won't be a huge issue.  If you test out of a lot of the early stuff it could be an issue sooner.  My philosophy is that even if I'm doing stuff slightly below my level it is building a good foundation for when I can get equipment together. 

Most people seem to think that H1 is something that builds on F1 - so you get most of you strength and mobility from F1.  H1 is a nice suplement for people who want solid handstands and a bit of extra shoulder work.  I've not seen H1 yet.

So you could go ahead and start F1 even without equipment.  I was suprised how much of it starts out on the floor.

Keilani Gutierrez

Newbie here.

I am in a dilemma to choose between H1 and F1.

I am 43 and in a fairly good shape with around 15% BF. I have zero experience with gymnastics. My goal obviously is not to become a master of gymnastics but build overall body strength and be able to do A & B level stuff!!

I am not in a position to install a stall bar at this point nor the rings. Is it worth starting out with HS1 instead of waiting for 6 months or longer to get the necessary equipment for FS1? I might get them sooner but I just don't know when and don't want to waste any more time.

What do you guys think I should do?

Charm did his beginning RC progressions upto RC5 with his BJJ belt. it'll train your grip as well, so you don't need the rings immediately. as for the stall bars, you dont have to worry about that until you start doing Stall bar specific work( like Side Lever, for example.) 

• Upvote 1

Connor Davies

Charm did his beginning RC progressions upto RC5 with his BJJ belt. it'll train your grip as well, so you don't need the rings immediately. as for the stall bars, you dont have to worry about that until you start doing Stall bar specific work( like Side Lever, for example.) 

Actually I've been having difficulty ever since RC/PE1>IM.  I tore a clothesline out of the ground, and I'm slowly  breaking apart the A frame I hang my rings off.  I need to get some stall bars together eventually, or just suck it up and take my workouts to the local park....

Edit: I should mention, most of the early stall bar work can be accomplished by just slinging a rope or similar around a tree.

Srini Duggirala

Thank you all for the feedback! I am going to go ahead with F1 as it is the number 1 consensus. Thanks again!

Jon Douglas

Actually I've been having difficulty ever since RC/PE1>IM. I tore a clothesline out of the ground, and I'm slowly breaking apart the A frame I hang my rings off. I need to get some stall bars together eventually, or just suck it up and take my workouts to the local park....

I did. Fresh air, breakfast of champions