Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

which foundation series level do i need?

DanC

Hi There

ive read the movements that the foundation series covers. im wanting to know which level i need, dont want to buy them if i dont need them. cant afford it!

heres a short list of what gymnastics stuff i can do.

5 Strict weighted muscle ups +7.5kg

strict lsit rope climbs

straddle front lever on rings around 10secs

full back lever 10secs

lsit 60s

handstand against wall 2+ minutes

tuck planche hold 10-15secs

arch and dish holds 1+mins

its my planche strength which is lacking i know

Joshua Naterman

You will probably need to start with F1.

There will almost certainly be exercises, and mobility work, that you will not master immediately. If not, you can always return it and get F2. Remember, if you get the whole package (F1-4) you are only paying for 3, and you will definitely have work to do in F2 for a while, so if you're serious about reaching F4 then your best buy is to get the package. That way F1 will be your freebie.

Ralph Palutke

Buy F1 and test mastery of all elements. If you can do so you are allowed to return F1 and get your money back.

Then you can purchase F2.

• Upvote 2

Joshua Slocum

Buy F1 and test mastery of all elements. If you can do so you are allowed to return F1 and get your money back.

Then you can purchase F2.

Quoted for truth.

Jean-Rene Losier

Don't let just reading the exercises fool you, mastery for them is harder than it appears. You'll most likely find weaknesses that will take you to a higher level anyway.

Jon Douglas

Think of it as tightening loose screws-- tiny things that hold everything else in place. There's no excuse for letting a loose screw compromise the broader structure

• Upvote 1

Joshua Slocum

Think of it as tightening loose screws-- tiny things that hold everything else in place. There's no excuse for letting a loose screw compromise the broader structure

This is exactly the right way to think about it. I began working on Foundation with significantly more strength than the OP in many areas, and I still found lots of exercises that I've benefited from. Even for someone beginning with a good amount of strength, it's worth evaluating yourself on every element starting with the very beginning, because you never know when you're going to find a weakness. And finding a weakness usually means easy strength gains.