Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Milk, Milk and More Milk!

Guest SuperBru

Bill Köhntopp

I've just started the opposite. I'm trying to drink a litre a day on top of however much I usually have to see if it triggers my acne, and if the extra protein throughout the day will help to speed my recovery. Also curious if I'll gain weight, something I've never managed to do. I'm on day 4 and my acne is worse, but I was a bit stressed the other day so its unfair to blame milk at the moment

I hope milk isn't the cause. I can't imagine a life without it....

You're welcome! i'm just before ending my second week without milk and there's just one thing i noticed, my skin became worse over the time. Maybe it's just the first reaction till my body completed the change, i don't know. two more weeks to go!

But i miss the milk in my daily mail, really. My weight went down a little to 70,5kg from 72.5. But that's normal i think for the first time.

There is a question about milk products, i mean milk "can" be bad for skin(acne), right? But what substance in the milk is it?

Is this substance also in buttermilk, which is just a by-product of making butter? Is this substance also in Kefir? 

Grütze,

William

I've heard unconfirmed rumours that kefir clears up your skin.  Try it for yourself and see what happens.

Either way it's super good for you.  Now if I can just figure out what to do about the taste...

Bill Köhntopp

The substance would probably be the hormones in milk. Your body is already doing it's thing making it's own and then you drink a bunch extra from a cow. For some sources you can refer to the 3rd post in this thread. I have no idea if making kefir breaks down hormones. Doubt it. It does break down the lactose though.

I will look at the links, thx.

Yes, that are exactly my thoughts, but without arguments so far.

I've heard unconfirmed rumours that kefir clears up your skin.  Try it for yourself and see what happens.

Either way it's super good for you.  Now if I can just figure out what to do about the taste...

Heard that too about Kefir, in general i heard just good things about this drink, but i have to check out if i bought the real kefir or the other one, the nomenclatures aren't very helpful here in Germany. Mostly it's not "nomen est omen" :(

I'll check EVERYTHING out, no other chance to get results ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'll briefly sum up the takeaways from a few recent nutrition threads and other sources, you know, as a service to you guys.

1: Milk and other dairy is lethal

2: Eggs are lethal

3: Red meat is probably lethal

4: Sugar is lethal (very)

5: Bread is lethal

6: Nuts are lethal (pufas)

7: Avocados are lethal (as above)

However, vegetables are (probably) not lethal, so bon appetit and have a nice weekend! :P

• Upvote 2

Yeah, didn't you get the memo? They, apparently, oxidize easily, and thus cause cancer. So for fats, you can basically choose whether you want cardiovascular disease or cancer. Now excuse me while I go eat my morning veggies and live forever :P

• Upvote 1

It's the property of being unsaturated that makes for easier oxidation within the blood vessels. Anyway, I'm no expert, this was conveyed in various lectures by the usual suspects Chris Masterjohn and/or Mathieu Lalonde. They are referring to a study where sat./ unsat. fats where compared over a long time in the controlled diet of a war veterans home, can't remember the exact details.

This is all getting a bit serious, so... off to eat.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.