Adrien Godet

Community video  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What title do you want?

• Everyday Gymnasts
    • GymnasticBodies Community
    • The Everybodies of GymnasticBodies

Tristan Curtis

I vote music that's not classic rock/alt. rock/pop metal - to set the video apart from videos made by teenage Youtube warrior punks busting out bad-form bicep curls and bench presses.

Maybe something with some mystique and intrigue... maybe along the lines of Gotye - Heart's a Mess.

Guest SuperBru

I vote music that's not classic rock/alt. rock/pop metal - to set the video apart from videos made by teenage Youtube warrior punks busting out bad-form bicep curls and bench presses.

Maybe something with some mystique and intrigue... maybe along the lines of Gotye - Heart's a Mess.

I agree. Any mainstream music will devalue the community's uniqueness. 

Adrien Godet

I agree. Any mainstream music will devalue the community's uniqueness. 

Hmm the suggestion was Gotye... His popular song actually has 417,000,000 hits on youtube. Hard to do more mainstream :)

• Upvote 1

George Vere

Being a musician, I generally only listen to older music (classical, baroque and romantic) but I think I would be out of place on a video like this.

Jean-Rene Losier

I agree with the others, please, please, PLEASE, don't put any sort of rock as the music for this video. I usually just mute videos of exercises with rock music in them. It makes the video seem too try-hard to seem "hardcore". We don't need music to show we're hardcore, we just are B-).

My suggestion is maybe something like this:

It's got a lot of variety in tempo, so you could edit some easier moves and mobility stuff for the slower tempos, and keep the more impressive or explosive stuff for when the tempo goes up. Plus, it's long as hell, so more space for a lot of people to chime in on this.

• Upvote 3

Joshua Slocum

I agree with the others, please, please, PLEASE, don't put any sort of rock as the music for this video. I usually just mute videos of exercises with rock music in them. It makes the video seem too try-hard to seem "hardcore". We don't need music to show we're hardcore, we just are B-).

My suggestion is maybe something like this:

It's got a lot of variety in tempo, so you could edit some easier moves and mobility stuff for the slower tempos, and keep the more impressive or explosive stuff for when the tempo goes up. Plus, it's long as hell, so more space for a lot of people to chime in on this.

I really like that suggestion.

Okay no rock, but how about some metal (not heavy metal)? I think the best music choice for a video like this will probably be lyric-less theatrical, techno, electronic, or modern orchestral music.

Jake Lawrance

Welcome to the Jungle was pretty cool, anything similar like that would be good too :P

Joshua Naterman

If you want to appeal to a wide audience, your best bet is going to be to use music that is very popular in the populations you want to penetrate.

Timothy Aiken

I can get a v-sit video if that would be useful, or just some general v- and l-sit work. 

Also, I think we should have some awesome leg work in this! Getting some serious body weight leg work in there would be very different from many YouTube videos on body weight strength.

• Upvote 2

Alexander Svensson

I can get a v-sit video if that would be useful, or just some general v- and l-sit work. 

Also, I think we should have some awesome leg work in this! Getting some serious body weight leg work in there would be very different from many YouTube videos on body weight strength.

If anyone is strong enough they could hang from the rings by their feet and do an upside-down squat  :D

George Vere

How about somebody hanging by their feet from a bar (ankles wrapped over the top of the bar) while reading a book nonchalantly?

The more clips the better. Someone should do a single leg GHR or NLC.

Would also like to see maltese, flairs, circles, Russian circles, flips, and tumbling as well. Also, some wall PPPs and wall PMPs will be nice as I don't think there are any good form ones on youtube. Legs together one arm push-up will also appeal to the general audience.

Jon Douglas

Sorry guys, just been out at jazz festival last day or so. Just wanted to reassure you all Im working hard and keeping up with my own training too, and taking this very seriously

post-2239-0-82875300-1374428957_thumb.jp

• Upvote 6

Jon Douglas

Would also like to see maltese, flairs, circles, Russian circles, flips, and tumbling as well. Also, some wall PPPs and wall PMPs will be nice as I don't think there are any good form ones on youtube. Legs together one arm push-up will also appeal to the general audience.

Man, there's so much fun stuff to do.

Adrien Godet

Musical tastes have been naturally very diverse :)

So to let the music of our video be a community decision, please nominate your top three songs in a simple post. I will aggregate your nominations in about a week to find out the top 3 nominations and create a poll at the top of this thread to decide the winning song.

My nominations:

John Butler - Ocean

Solkyri - This can't wait

Tommy Emmanuel - Classical gas (by Mason williams)

• Upvote 1

Josh Schmitter

Depending on how long it is, you can splice songs(i.e. slow to fast, etc.). I'm for something more upbeat.

Jon Douglas

Depending on how long it is, you can splice songs(i.e. slow to fast, etc.). I'm for something more upbeat.

This won't happen unless there are more clips.... ^_^

Kate Abernethy

1, 2, & 3. 'Lifted' by Lighthouse Family... seeing as most of it IS lifting!  :)