Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is the difference between F1 and F2?

Dillon Kolacz

Dillon Kolacz

My previous topic was deleted for some reason... I don't know why. It's an honest question, and the product summaries don't provide a clear explanation of the difference between F1 and F2.

Does F2 just build on F1? And you're supposed to start with F1 no matter your foundation? Just don't want to be milked an extra 75 dollars if I'm already on the level of F2 as a gymnast. 

Rikke Olsen

I believe your post was just moved - but to a forum that is locked to you, if you haven't purchased any of the products.

Joshua Slocum gave you this response, though (in the thread that still exists):

F2 follows F1. My recommendation would be to buy F1 and then test yourself for mastery on all the elements; if you find that you're advanced enough for F2, you can just return F1 for a refund.

Keilani Gutierrez

okay, the foundation courses culminate in several goals(which im sure you're aware, im just posting for others sake)and they are; straddle planche, manna, front lever, side lever, hollow back press, rope climb and single leg squat.

each foundation course is numbered and I think of them as levels. right now, i consider myself a Level 1 Foundation practitioner :)

i wouldn't be so concerned about what level you are currently because the foundation series is an integration of BTGB and Liquid steel with the included mobility inserted when they are needed in the "big picture" of programming to alleviate the headache of leaving us to do it.

believe me and i say this with all the due respect you deserve, you might not be at the level you think you are and i dont mean this exactly in terms of strength per ce because you can already be very strong. foundation works more in the frame work of layering strength and mobility in sync for mastery of the progressions.

so you might be more flexible in certain movements but not so strong there and more strong in certain movements but not with complete ROM or doing them for the times that are considered key for milking progressions for what they're worth.

I hope I could help you with that explanation. :)

• Upvote 4

Daniel Burnham

Josh slocum has a Maltese and wasn't able to do some of the foundation one elements. This should tell you something about the value of foundation 1. He may be willing to speak more to this but foundation one is good at finding weaknesses and allowing you to build them up.

• Upvote 6