Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pull to Inverted Hang Progression

Jason Ingram

This is a skill progression that I thought of a while back and have been working off and on. It's a dynamic exercise that really works the lats, rear delts and core (among other things) and I think complements the press handstand pretty well. I haven't seen it anywhere but I'm sure it's nothing new (I haven't seen much for Gymnastic Strength Training™ other than the articles on this site, and stuff on drillsandskills.com)! Let me know what you think.

http://physicalculturetoday.blogspot.co ... ssion.html

David Picó García

Here is the final result: :D

And here at minute 3:00 you can find a progression on this.

All the vid is great BTW

Yeah, the straight arm movement at the beginning of the first video is what I'd like to work up to. The bent arm movement (shown at the end of the first video and at 3:00 in the tutorial) is an ice-cream maker, and is quite a bit easier than what I was thinking (I've done them in the past). I was thinking of working this as a more slow movement (same speed as a press handstand) starting from a hang and rotating to the inverted position, allowing the arms to bend if needed, but not past 90 degrees, as opposed to starting from the top of a chin-up and using momentum to get to the inverted position as in an ice-cream maker.

• 2 months later...

Nice, I find it hard to do a skin the cat without pulling etc. Working this exercise, with the easier variant will surely take care of that!