Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Routine proposal

mata_leao

So I am just getting started with the DVD and book and I think I may have organized a decent routine. I have organized each exercises as a interval between the core work and the other DVDs. For example, I would perform a pushup variation and alternate between it and the V-up until I have performed around 3 sets of each exercise, and then would move on to the next interval which for Monday would be the Dip with the hanging leg lift. I plan to start at the beginning of February when I will have more time, so I haven't experimented with how intense this would be. I think the core work everyday might be to much so I was thinking of dropping it on Wednesday and Saturday (leg days). I am new to Gymnastics so this is the best I could think of so far, Let me know what you all think, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, Thursday: Pressing

Static hold work

Pushup:V-up

Dip: HLL

HeSPU: Lower Back

MPPr: Oblique

XR tricep layout: Body pull

Tuesday, Friday: Pulling

Static hold work

Row: V-up

Pull up: HLL

Curl: Lower Back

MPPu: Oblique

CPP: Body pull

Wednesday, Saturday: Legs

Static hold work

Squat: V-up

SLS: HLL

Hamstring: Lower Back

Obliques

Have you read the programming section of the book yet? Coach recommends specifically that each workout be whole-body--hitting pressing, pulling, core, and legs in one workout--rather than splitting body parts. He also recommends working out four days a week, and you'd still be able to perform all those exercises with more rest for recovery. If you haven't reached that part yet, you should check it out before customizing your routine.

Or you can follow the WODs which he posts, which may be better because currently it includes less volume, and I think Coach intends to gradually ramp them up to the format he prescribes in the book.

Sorry, I had the DVDs before I received the book so I just organized the exercises in order on paper and put them together on certain days. I had always heard it takes two days for a muscle to recover and so that's why I put each area two days apart except for the core which I've heard can be worked on daily. I will have to check out the programming section and I will maybe update this post with what I come up with.

And I also forgot to introduce myself, my name is Adam and I am going to Utah Valley University. I am majoring in Philosophy with an emphasis in religious studies. I also train in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and I help teach the kid's program at the club I'm in. I've recently been getting involved with Muay Thai and Ashtanga Yoga as well. I became interested in Gymnastics first after seeing pictures of Gymnasts; and then seeing the body control they have. Also, Mark Schultz, a freestyle wrestler that had the fastest climb in wrestling history (he started wrestling his senior year in High School and won the state championship in California and then went on to win the gold at the 1984 Olympics) in an interview credited his brother and his training in gymnastics for the fast climb in wrestling. In a match he had with Rickson Gracie at BYU he was told by Rickson that he was the strongest guy he had gone up against. I am new to bodyweight conditioning and about the only workouts I have practiced include rolling in Jiu-Jitsu and a little bit of ketllebell training, I am 6'1'' tall and come in on the scale at a staggering 150 pounds (68 kg). Anyway, I hope to learn a lot on this forum and look forward to meeting you all.