Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Building a gymnastic network on facebook, twitter etc.?

Mikkel Ravn

Scott Malin

We could also make it easier to facilitate this: adding profile slots for Facebook/Twitter links, subforum for local training, etc. What would make it easiest for you guys? 

Scott Malin

An unofficial meetup calendar would be great.

We've already got a calendar installed but not used that allows this type of thing. Would anyone else use it?

• Upvote 1

Joshua Slocum

I know there is a Bodyweight group around SF. I wanted to check them out a few times but couldn't manage to get my schedule or funds to work when I was in Sac recently.

Sounded like an excuse for me to go to the city on a Sunday, do some gymnastics and then go hang out with friends in the area.

Dunno how convenient it is for you, but I believe the Berkeley gymnastics club has open practices during the week; might be worth looking into. 

Joshua Naterman

We've already got a calendar installed but not used that allows this type of thing. Would anyone else use it?

I would!

I think that perhaps starting with local meetups and, perhaps once or twice per year, organizing regional meet-ups where we could get more people together and really have some fun, would be great.

This will probably be slow to start, but give it a few years and I think it will grow quite a bit.

Amarpreet Singh Saini

A calendar would be cool. Right now this community subforum is fine i think to organize meetups. AS the number and frequency increases we could have a meetup subforum or something

Graham Baran-Mickle

I second the local meetup sub forum. We're so spread out that I think that would be best, so we can each post individual threads for different areas to just see who lives closeby whom.

I'd prefer it be separate from the main Community forum, so it can stay more organized and not flood this forum with extra posts. Then we could also sticky the post popular areas for ongoing reference.

Keilani Gutierrez

We could also make it easier to facilitate this: adding profile slots for Facebook/Twitter links, subforum for local training, etc. What would make it easiest for you guys? 

I vote for adding profile slot for facebook and subforum for local training!

Keilani Gutierrez

I would!

I think that perhaps starting with local meetups and, perhaps once or twice per year, organizing regional meet-ups where we could get more people together and really have some fun, would be great.

This will probably be slow to start, but give it a few years and I think it will grow quite a bit.

that sounds bitchen. i'd definetely fly up every once in a while and would be more than thrilled to host anyone down in the caribbean. 

Billabong, QuickSilver, Lost, Fox racing, Oakley, Redbull and etc always do trips over and we usually show them around.(surf and tourist related) 

I'd be stoked to fly out and about though. the Sept Seminar is right now on my calendar. 

Keilani Gutierrez

With that said I will be organizing another meetup in may in Atlanta. As of right now these are just fun meet ups. When people start getting GB certified I suspect there will be more organized sessions.

I know i'd definitely like to be tested at some point, so I'm down for this for sure! 

Cole Dano

I vote for adding profile slot for facebook and subforum for local training!

In case you haven't noticed, Cory added a Facebook and Twitter profile slot. Go to My Profile > Edit Profile to add.

More on this soon!

Hari, I actually used to work out with the UCBerkeley NAIGC club when I worked at GoldenBear in 2011. Sometimes they work out on Sundays at night. But to be honest, I don't really want to go back to Berkeley much. Walking up that hill is a pain in the butt.

But I left Norcal during the first week of April. I generally lift or work M-Sa, so going out during a weekday would not be possible and I could easily just go to Davis or West Sacramento to go to an open gym (or just do floor rings stuff at Midtown while I was there).

It remains to be seen if I will be going back to Sacramento this summer. Possibly, which pretty much only leaves the weekend to do anything gymnastic wise per my schedule.

Keilani Gutierrez

In case you haven't noticed, Cory added a Facebook and Twitter profile slot. Go to My Profile > Edit Profile to add.

More on this soon!

hmmm for some reason, it tells me that I cannot add in my name to the facebook slot. o_o wierd. 

Jon Douglas

To me it says "Facebook Profile: The data you entered exceeds the maximum allowed" if I write more than 3 letters in the field. :huh:

Same here

Cole Dano

I'll pass this on to Cory, thanks for letting us know.

Scott Malin

To me it says "Facebook Profile: The data you entered exceeds the maximum allowed" if I write more than 3 letters in the field. :huh:

Fixed. 

• Upvote 1

I've 1/2 people on me FB. 

Cool. One of my crewmates is in Delhi. Since we are mostly a dancing crew and m nt sure abt the gymnastic facilities in Delhi I ll enquire around. I live in Jalandhar, Punjab and the only one who engages in gymnastic bodies here. However I do share the info with other crew members but they focus on the dance aspect more.

I ll try to be in Delhi around that time.

PS: Good to see one more fellow from India :) Drop me a message