Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New here some questions

John Cintron

I would like to know how many days a week should I start doing gymnastic training ? Should I do running to help me lose more fat or with the workouts and dieting should it be enough? I am currently started doing the Warior Diet.

Guest marktb68

Welcome.

Coach suggests 2 on, 1 off/ 2 on, 2 off schedule.

IN my opinion, running is counterproductive to strength development unless you are doing short sprints for metabolic enhancement.

Mark Baldwin

George Launchbury

Hi John,

Welcome to the forum.

I hope this doesn't come across badly, as I mean this with the warmest intentions, but most of your post can be answered from reading around the forum as it stands. I wanted to mention that I have noticed (on most forums) that you'll tend to get more assistance if you ask people's advice on your ideas, theories and plans rather than simply requesting that someone spend their time giving you answers that you could have found yourself? I hope that made sense.

Darn ...that sounds a little harsh - so in the spirit in which my advice was intended, I'll try and help out a little more (and hope my boss doesn't come wandering over). :)

I've personally been getting some good results with body composition (less fat, more muscle) with strength training and High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), tied in with eating a Paleo-based diet. These are common concepts and there is a lot of information out there. As Mark said, running (and in many people's opinion any steady state aerobic exercise over 20 minutes) will hinder your gains. There is mounting evidence to suggest it is even bad for your health.

Rest and good nutrition is at least as important as training, probably more so. If you're not recovering or eating right, you'll not really progress. I am finding that Coach Sommer's Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri schedule works well for me.

There's some good advice in the Nutrition section, and if you don't have time to go through all the old posts here (Still not that big a job, as the forum is pretty new), at least search for all Coach Sommer's posts, as a lot of them are mini-articles in themselves.

I would say definitely read Coach Sommer's articles on the main site. I have found that a lot of my questions were answered by reading them a few times (and going back to them again once my grasp of the concepts had grown a bit).

Also, become interested, excited ...almost obsessed about your health and fitness. It will cost you in time, effort and (unfortunately) money, and unless you're enjoying it all the way you'll give up. You don't need much kit, but good food isn't cheap, and takes time to prepare. If you want to get stronger, faster and fitter it's going to require consistent hard work on a regular basis - which is great and uplifting if you want to do it, but sucks if you have to make yourself do it. :)

I hope some of this has been useful, and that I have not offended you.

Kind Regards,

George.

No not offended. Thanks well I just wanted to make sure I don't overtrain or undertrain on the gymnastic stuff as I am new to just trying this kind of training . I also have tried routines where I just get one day of rest and it seems like it's not enough rest I will start with the four day cycle and see how it goes. again thanks for the reply's.