Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planche and muscle involved.

Mauro Aquilini

Mauro Aquilini

Hi, i can do a straddle planche for 3 second (form perfect - straight arm and head -shoulders - hips and feet on the same line) the planche training is very taxing for my body and in my days of training i do only planche progression (statics position x time)  - adv.tuck push up and some pseudo planche pus up on ring or on the flor on p.bars. 

I want to know if this approach is good for hit the chest muscle (during the planche i feel the tension on my lats, biceps and shouders, in the chest not too high tension).

Thank's

M.

Joshua Slocum

A floor planche works the pecs a little bit, but not too much. There is more pectoralis involvement in a rings planche (especially with wide hands) because they have to work to keep your hands from sliding out to the sides. 

• Upvote 2

Daniel Jorgensen

Does the full planche (the isometric hold, not the push up) involve triceps? 

Why do you ask?

In the sence that PL requires full body tension - then yes, triceps is involved. But not directly involved...

Joshua Slocum

Does the full planche (the isometric hold, not the push up) involve triceps? 

It's certainly not a primary agonist, but it might play a minor role in stabilization, especially on the rings. 

• Upvote 1

mikelmarion

It's certainly not a primary agonist, but it might play a minor role in stabilization, especially on the rings. 

what about plache pushups? more Bicep or tricep?

Joshua Naterman

Your triceps will play a role in stabilizing both the shoulder and the elbow.

They are probably not the weakest link in the actual kinetic chain, but if you try to actively exclude them (trying to turn them off, in other words) you are screwing up.

Don't overthing things: Just train, and make sure you stabilize your joints. If they feel stable, and your body is stable while you move, then they ARE stable.

what about plache pushups? more Bicep or tricep?

The biceps tendons get stressed pretty heavily (more so than in a static planche) compared to the triceps muscles for planche push-ups. The straighter your arms get, the more stress it gets on the biceps tendon and less on the triceps probably. Planche push-ups don't work the triceps very hard at least for me, because I never really feel them and only feel the shoulders working the hardest usually. As for actual stress on the biceps muscles themselves, then I don't really feel them, but some people get sore biceps when working straight arm exercises.