Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

F1, H1, and scapular mobility

Marios Roussos

Marios Roussos

Hey guys, I'm one of the "zombies" who can't lift his arms overhead or perform a wall slide past 90 degrees (i.e. the starting position). I'm currently working on F1 and H1 (I'm at HS/PE1>iM and will be for a long time).

My question is whether these programs will eventually fix my scapular mobility issues with time, or whether I should be working wall slides in addition to the F1 and H1 mobility drills. I'm not in a rush, so if the foundation and handstand series will eventually address my scapular mobility issues, I'm happy to just keep plodding along as I am, but if they don't, I'd like to know whether I should be adding wall slides to my routine at this stage.

Marios Roussos

Many of the F1 and H1 mobility drills will indeed help.

Thanks Hari, that's nice to hear; I hate wall slides :)

Joshua Slocum

Thanks Hari, that's nice to hear; I hate wall slides :)

I'd recommend sticking with wall slides. They are really good exercises :).

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
Kutay Serova

Is the correct way to perform wall slides with open shoulders, scapulas touching the wall, chest tucked and lower back flat (like handstand form) or is the back allowed to arch and the chest untucked?

Joshua Slocum

Is the correct way to perform wall slides with open shoulders, scapulas touching the wall, chest tucked and lower back flat (like handstand form) or is the back allowed to arch and the chest untucked?

Back flat, chest tucked. 

Karri Kytömaa

It really wouldn't hurt to (try) do a couple of wall slides at end of each of your workouts. It's not much additional work and will definitely speed up the process. Remember you also have easier variations where you are lying on floor, maybe even with weight in the hands.

• Upvote 1

-MR try the floor slides instead. Have been at them for some weeks now, and they are doing wonders. I'm still not close to the starting position of the wall slides, but getting there slowly!