Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

overstretched hamstring or adductor?

Matus Michalicka

Matus Michalicka

After F1 was released I started stretching more intense to develop pike and pancake.

I mainly used weighted pike stretches and weighted pancake stretch( standing with feed far apart and bend like in seated pancake). 

I don't remember about any pain during stretching, but one day morning after I woke up I felt right hamstring little pain (at least I though it was hamstring). I noticed the pain while stretching and especially when doing windmills with my left hand in the air.

When I located the pain and checked pictures on internet I think it is in adductor magnus.

That happened during my deload week. Than I was sick for another week(so I give it one week rest). Now I started training again and yesterday I stilled felt pain in that spot while doing windmills, but was able to do them. I feel it during pancake stretches. Also in pike streches but much less intense.

I don't feel pain while doing other exercises, like SLS/PE2.

What should I do? Should I discontinue to do windmills??? What about stretching? Today I foam (rumble) rolled whole legs. 

Thanks really appreciate every advice

Matus Michalicka

oh and I don't feel the pain if I try to pull my legs wide appart to straddle, but it starts when I bend in that position