Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

shoulder flexability

NickD

Hi guys,

i have seen quite few of mr. Sommers writings an help on increasing shoulder girdle which is a constant battle especially when doing chest training which can cause you to hunch over. i am really trying to find a particular movement that would allow me to stretch my shoulders back when my arms are derectly strecth above my head. Reason being is i have terrible shoulder flexability when i try to do a bridge my arms wont lock out cause my shoulders wont allow it. also when i do stretch my arms as far back as possible i can see in the mirror they are barely reaching back straight in line with my body, but with great effort and force, they are just really tight. i tried a few things including putting my arms straight up on a door arch an pushing but that hurts my lower bac more than anything an coach sommers shoulder girdle excersice against the wall but.. its just really a big problem any advice?

You can go in a handstand against a wall with only your feet touching the wall ( back facing towards wall) and try to push your shoulders out like you would do in a bridge.

Go on your knees and have your arms straight in front of you on a table or chair and push down.

I'm not sure if theese are the best ways but they worked for me :)