Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lymph node pulsing

sasquatch

I saw the handstand thread where people were talking about lymphs, and thought I could ask a question about them.

Every once in awhile, I do something that feels like it stretches my groin, such as a round-off or back-handspring. As soon as I do that, I feel strong pulsing and some pain in the area between the front of my hip joint, and groin.

I pretty sure it's a lymph node pulsing, because I have a strange shaped lymph node right in the spot it beats.

Whener this pulsing happens, my groin and hip feels weird for a few weeks around the lympth node area.

Am I streatching or damaging the lymph node?, cancer?

Guest Valentin

HAHAHA...sorry that sounds funny "Am I streatching or damaging the lymph node?, cancer?"

I have never heard of cancer caused by round-offs haha.

I wouldn't stake my medical degree (which i dont have) on this, but it sounds like you are over stretching the muscles around your groin to the point of tears that could be causing inflammation which seeps into the Lymph node making it swell up and feel like its throbing by description sounds like its close in proximity to the area it hurts.

It does sounds a little strange, but really what would concern me more is that you say you have "trange shaped lymph node".. normally you shouldn't even be able to see Lymph nodes haha. If it concerns you i would go get it checked out to be on the sure side, especially if this is something that suddenly has happened (that the lymph node has become obvious, or changed in shape, sensation, as in becomes harder etc..).

Just my 2c. However i think the prognosis is positive haha.

I say cancer because whenever I try to find information on lymph node problems, it usually talks about cancer.

I can't see my lymph nodes, but I can feel them... in my hips at least.

Thank you for your input, that sounds like what could be happening.

It makes me feel a little better.

Guest Valentin

Hi

Well given that the lymph nodes are usual sites for infections its no surprise that the net would point towards cancer, especially since Metastasi presents itself in the Lymphs.

Like i said if! your Lymphs are swollen for no apparent than you should get checked out, my advice on that.

My guess is however that you will be sweet, and you should work on your dynamic flexibility in hip flexors to condition yourself to handle skills like round-off and so and prevent injury.

if you're worried about your body... you feel that something is wrong and needs to be fixed SEE A DOCTOR! surfing the web is not a good substitute... there was an article sometime back in the new england journal of medicine that talked about just this phenonemon... no not lymph pulsing but people trying to self diagnose illnesses... they found that people always picked the most severe diseases they could pick... usually not the case... i wouldn't freak out... i would go see a doctor

Thank you guys for the replys.

I've been extra worried about my health ever since my little brother got diabetes.

I'm going to the Docters soon (for something else.) and I will ask him about it.

I'll start doing dynamic streching too. I usually just do static and passive.

Again, thanks for the replys