Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weird shoulder pain

Robert Simcox

Robert Simcox

Well this is the first time in my life where I've experienced significant shoulder pain... for the last year or so, maybe like once every two months I would wake up and notice that it was slightly painful to raise my shoulder anywhere from about 90 - 110 degrees. If I am above or below those angles everything is fine. The weird thing is that after a day or two the pain would completely go away like nothing happened. In hindsight I probably should have listened more to this, but I always just wrote it off because it went away so fast.

Yesterday, it happened again, except raising my arm between those angles caused quite significant pain unlike I've ever felt in my shoulder before. I have NO idea what triggers this, it's my right shoulder and I sleep on my right side, so I'm sleeping on my left side from now on... but I don't remember doing anything significant to trigger this. I was playing around with some bar muscle ups the day before, and I don't usually do those... but that's all I can think of.

I have an appointment with my physical therapist later this week, I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before or has any idea on what's wrong with me? Any information would be extremely helpful!

Oh and the pain seems to be coming from the front of the shoulder, almost where the biceps insert...

Alessandro Mainente

typical pain of a acromion shoulder impingement occurs in this range of motion. the fact that the pain occurs near the bicep is a sympthom that confirm the supraspinatus tendon inflammation. these 2 diseases are connected.

RICE protocol and avoid overhead movement until you got free pain movement in the entire shoulder rom

Robert Simcox

Thanks Alex, since it's most likely an acromion impingement, do you think working on these stretches would help? If there's an impingement of the acromion, then creating subacromial space makes sense to me...