Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Muscle Vibrating

NickD

Hi Guys a happy new yr to all.

I am pretty new to this whole static holding and overall Gymnastic Strength Training™ (which i have only started about a month ago). I have been very carefull in taking in all the great advise everyone on this forum has to give. However i have very simple query when it comes to these static holds, i am not sure if it is because my muscles have been trained more to gerneral weight lifting over the past 2 yrs which i thought was great in gernerally changing my physique, but unfortunalty poor in anything other than brief power. So in starting to train for true strength i have been doing the basics which are still very challenging, but i am worried that in certain holds especially holding the L sits and false grip holds i find my muscles vibrate terribly obviously from trying to maintain the hold over the set period of time. However every video i watch everyone (even newbies) seem to just to hold the position without any actual shaking or vibrating. will this change with time an i too will hold a rock solid L sit cause i dont feel as though i am any closer to a non shaking hold after a month, i do feel more comfortable with an stronger in some holds but the vibrating is just really annoying. Anyone that could let me know if this is normal or if there is some other kind of muscle training i need to do to stop this?

matthew.percussion

I have a video of my straddle L on here somewhere. You can't see any shaking in the video, but I know that near the end of all of the holds my arms began to shake quite violently.

You should notice after a while that the amount of shaking will decrease and eventually go away. Good luck. :mrgreen:

well i am glad that its a general problem everyone has to over come. I would assume that after i can hold these positions for set amount of times, i would then just be a matter of holding them each day until however many months it takes for it to eventually just be like second nature. Thanks for the replys guys all the best.

Richard Duelley

Sometimes you will feel like you are shaking and even be able to see it yourself but people watching wont be able to notice it. Its a strange phenomenon that I have started to notice when I go to the gym and have other people check my form. I do the static hold and I am certain that I am shaking like mad but when I ask them about it they said that I looked rock solid.