Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Forearms on rings Ironcross?

sasquatch

Today While was using my rings, I was thinking about the Elite Strength Trainerand how it lets you adjust the leverage by puttin the straps higher up your arms. I was thinking I could do the same thing by putting my rings high up on my forearms and practicing ironcrosses that way. Am I wasting my time by doing this, or could this help me learn a cross?

I can hold the ironcross this way for 4secounds.

Richard Duelley

I think I know what you are talking about and I had the same question.

Check out this thread and the video below. About 2:10 into the video he holds the rings with his arms through the straps.

Thread

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1007

Video: Look at 'Part 1'

http://kolimechkov.hit.bg/video_trainingEN.html

I think I am going to be ready to start serious cross training after my next steady state cycle (so about 9 weeks from now) :mrgreen:

Wow, that guy learned a lot in the last years.

So, this could be used to build-up a cross?

I was thinking as I get better at holding the position on my forearms, I could slowley move the rings down closer to my wrists as I get stronger.

A friend of mine, after he broke his hand, was training crosses with his arm through the ring on his forearm so that is doable for static holds.

Supporting with the ring on the bottom of the forearm is doable but doesn't give you a lot of variance.

I tried this the other night after playing with the EST. I'm not sure I'd let younger boys try this but it might be ok for young juveniles if they weren't nancy boys about the discomfort. However, for a gym, it would make sense to have a set of proper IC training device or a homemade one.

• 1 month later...
Walt Peacock

I have done this exercise in the past. Check out the videos on my site. There is an example in one of them. I really like the exercise, but I have heard mixed reviews. I also like cross pulls for cross training.