Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gymnastic's Backbridge and Handstand Pushups

Mitchell Rabushka

Mitchell Rabushka

Perhaps I'm jumping the gun here; however two movements I am eager to master are the Gymnastics Backbridge and Handstand Pushups.  Just wondering where in the Foundation or Handstand series these will be placed?

I currently do both of these along w/ F1, but I'm looking forward to doing these the GymnasticBodies way; hence my question.

Daniel Shields

The introduction to F1 explains that the iM for the Front Lever is a progression for developing a Bridge. Handstand Pushups should be part of the HBP progression. As for how far into Foundation each is going to come, I think you will probably have to wait for the release of F2-4 to find out.

If you look at other threads discussing maintaining more advanced skills while doing the Foundation program, the general consensus seems to be that its alright to do a set before or after your Foundation work. Just be sure to only do what you can do with perfect form, and pay attention to feedback from your body to monitor if you are pushing yourself more than you can recover from. I think that the Bridge in particular is very unlikely to cause complications with recovery.