Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

streching all hurts

Sameroney

hey, i9 am to unflexible, so i started streching before two weeks. my ams are laying down the chest in a straddle sit and the middle splits, i streched every day, very hard and know, all hurts, what´s to do? suffer or a break?

how do you strech? how is it right/wrong,

help

johannes

It is important to note that stretching is NOT conditioning and you should be quite careful to not stretch with the same intensity, especially in the beginning, that you would use when conditioning.

For someone who is extremely tight and finds stretching painful and uncomfortable, I actually recommend beginning with stretching once per week. After four to six weeks, when your body has adjusted and the stretching is no longer the ordeal that it once was, you should then progress to twice a week. After you body adjusts to this new volume (i.e. by no longer being extremely sore by the next scheduled stretch), you may then again add another day to your schedule.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

i understand what you mean, allways streched 2 times a week in my life so now three, waiting till its normal, and going on)