Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

numbness when squatting

Andrew Graham

Andrew Graham

Hi guys

I've recently noticed that when doing full squats (unweighted!) during mobility work, i get a nerve 'ping' sensation when my hamstrings meet my calves in my left leg. It doesn't hurt (but i feel it would if i met them with more force). Also, if i sit in a squat for 3mins or more, portions of my left leg start to get numb! I tried to single out each leg and evaluate what was different between them and i did notice that my left hamstring was a bit tighter.

Is there anything specific that needs to be done?? Is this nerve ping trying to tell me something??

cheers all and look forward to feedback!

James Portillo

I don't get the same sensation when moving through a squat but I just finished my workout today with a 10min squat and after the 2nd minute I also started to go a little numb. I tried re-adjusting my footing/knee positioning and it went away for the last 8 minutes but after I got up I had the "pins and needles" effect.

Not advice but I'm also curious to see what others say about it; it seems to be consistent for me,

Joshua Naterman

You guys are most likely experiencing symptoms of ischemia due to reduction in blood flow, in regards to the 2-3 minute onset of numbness.

Andrew Graham

You guys are most likely experiencing symptoms of ischemia due to reduction in blood flow, in regards to the 2-3 minute onset of numbness.

But that doesn't explain the 'ping' when full squat is obtained!?....i literally sit down into a squat and i feel this dull, numb nervey sensation fire right down my leg to my big toe. It's like hitting the 'funny bone' but in my leg. I just wanted to know what i can do about it??

cheers

Joshua Naterman

No, it doesn't. I don't know what to tell you, that really requires an in-person examination.