Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When to start training the backward roll to support on rings

Blairbob

Just wondering, when would some of you start teaching the backward roll to support on rings with bent arms in tucked or piked position? Should one use a false grip or not? I can't remember if we worked it using the false grip or not.

We used to train this on a pair of low rings and jumping or kicking to initiate much like little kids practice their pullovers on lower bars.

Any idea? I figure sometime after a muscle-up is attained and when a decent amount of dip strength is achieved but I'm not really sure how much is necessary to complete this element.

I figured it would be a good idea to be able to do this before attempting a birdie-up or shoot, roll backwards to support much like a 3/4 giant/baby giant/long hang pullover on High/Uneven Bars.

YOu mean strenght element correct?

We allways done a straight body roll, never tucked, sometimes piked. And grip is normal.

Here is alot of depend on a tehnic of tehnic to set up the rings under your chests and turning rings tu under grip (on under grip you can not have a false grip).

Elements you required:

1.chin/pull up

2.good full ROM reverse front lever (to rise your legs from chin up or pull up)

3.good under grip very low ring dip

I suggest to spot on the chest when the gymnast is in "swallow-bent arm" position (just befor the legs go down), so he won't fell down trough rings.

You can do pike way to, I would never do tuck, beacuse it so small diffrent...