Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

natural leg curl vs. GHR

seiyafan

Could someone tell me what's the difference between natural leg curl and GHR, I know one is a lot harder than the other but from the description in the book I can't tell much of their difference. Thanks!

NLC consists of going down to the floor and then back up.

GHR consists of going down to parallel with floor, and then allowing the hips to hinge and the upper body to continue down to the end of the rep.

Basic difference is that GHR can be done with momentum (by swinging up through the first half of the movement until the body is in a straight line parallel with the floor) whereas the NLC can also use momentum, but much less so.

NLC is easier to set up with less equipment options.

Anybody else can chime in and clarify.

so it's like for NLC one is allowed to bend at hips, where as GHR the entire body from head to knee is one flat piece. 

Other way around. The GHR bends a the knee and the hip. Done correctly, at the bottom of the movement, the hip and torso will straighten out then the body above the knee will rise.

FREDERIC DUPONT

(...) the hip and torso will straighten out then the body above the knee will rise.

LOL... you make it sound like a scary prophecy from an ancient book of doom... :D :D

• Upvote 3

LOL... you make it sound like a scary prophecy from an ancient book of doom... :D :D

Haha! Now that I read it, I sound like some end of the world fanatic.

"And doms... The students will cry out in doms. And there will be nothing to save them!"

• Upvote 3