Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shoulder Problems

Mathias Flækøy

Mathias Flækøy

Hello. I have had some problems with my right shoulder lately. The pain is located  posterior on the deltoid, and near the scapula, maybe infraspinatus. The pain occur only in certain movements. For example the negative phase of HBP/PE2<iM when my arms is behind my head.

Been like this for about 3 weeks now. I think it is due to my overhead pressing. What to do? I haven't done anything the last two weeks, no improvements.

Joshua Slocum

Seeing a doctor would be best. If you have any friends who are PT's or work in sports medicine, talking to them might be a good idea. Some gyms have trainers on staff who might be able to help, too. 

What you described sounds like It could be a mild case of tendonitis, or it could simply be that the muscles have become excessively tight. If it is a sharp pain, tendonitis is more likely. If it is a dull pain, muscle tightness is the likely symptom. But it can be hard to tell the difference, especially if you haven't had tendinitis before. For now, try massaging the affected area and applying a hot compress or heating pad. That should help either condition. Avoid using or stretching the affected muscle too much for a while until the pain goes away. 

But be aware that if it doesn't start going away, you really do need to see a medical professional. Untreated tendinitis tends to get worse over time. Eventually it can result very unpleasant situations, like the tendon or the muscles tearing.