Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Foundations 1 Screenshots Request

ASForum

FREDERIC DUPONT

FritzMB, it works well on my mac with the following config: OSX 10.7.5 - Firefox 18.0.1

I have 4GB RAM

I downloaded epub reader addon so I guess it is the latest version.

I am done with Safari, long lives firefox :)

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

That is good to know. It does imply that I have to (buy and) install OSX 10.7.5, get more RAM, and reconfigure my whole computer. I am still looking to see whether a more modest and quicker solution is possible. But, thanks for letting me know, anyway. I am sure that one way or the other, I will crack this nut, even if it will require getting a steam roller.

FREDERIC DUPONT

That is good to know. It does imply that I have to (buy and) install OSX 10.7.5, get more RAM, and reconfigure my whole computer. I am still looking to see whether a more modest and quicker solution is possible. But, thanks for letting me know, anyway. I am sure that one way or the other, I will crack this nut, even if it will require getting a steam roller.

Maybe not, I was not saying that you needed this config; I was merely sharing what my config was, sort of giving you a fixed point in space.

I would say that if the version of firefox you can use with your machine can run the epub reader, it is worth a try :)

Cory Fair might be able to help you with the RAM size needed.

I have update the courses with system requirements.

Desktop/Firefox Edition System Requirements

-  Firefox (13+) with epub reader add-on (visual installation instructions will be provided in your download email).

- Mac OS X (any version) or Windows XP or higher.

-3GB RAM. Users with less RAM can request an alternate version after purchase via the client center.

iOS/iPad System Requirements

-iOS 5+  and iBooks 3 and any iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch that will run this.

- Due to the way Apple handles downloads on the iOS devices, it is highly recommended to download the book to the desktop and sync it over via iTunes. Visual instructions will be provided in your download email.
  • Upvote 1

Compatibility is still being tested with Android tablets but will require a minimum screen resolution of 1024x768 minimal (usually 10" tablets). 

Joshua Slocum

Hari-Seldon. Would you mind telling me which version of OS your iPad 1 is running on. Having found that my Mac won't do it, I am now targeting my wife's iPad 1 for this fabulous ebook creation (F1); her iPad1 runs on OS 4.3.2 (8H7), 24 GB storage available (memory not specified). Much appreciated.

Unfortunately I am using iOS 6.something, so I can't tell you whether iOS 4 will work  :(

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Cory, Thank you very much for the quick answer. That is all I need to know. 

Hari_Seldon, thank you too. I can now look into upgrading the iPad to iOS 6, if I can't find a version of Firefox that does work with my Mac's OS X 10.5.8. The steamroller is getting smaller.

Joshua Slocum

I believe that if your iPad is connected to the internet, it can update itself without having to be tethered to a computer. 

I believe that if your iPad is connected to the internet, it can update itself without having to be tethered to a computer. 

Correct. iPad 1st generation can support up to iOS 5, though it is something you want to google a bit because that particular update is known to slow down the iPad.

Joshua Slocum

Correct. iPad 1st generation can support up to iOS 5, though it is something you want to google a bit because that particular update is known to slow down the iPad.

Oh, in that case my version of iOS is iOS 5, because I have a 1st gen iPad.

So Frits, you should have no trouble with getting your iPad to show the book if you tell your iPad to update itself.  :)

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Hari and Cory, thanks for the info. So, that something I will do, while looking for a download of one of the earlier versions of Firefox (the Mozialla website only offers the later versions: 17 and higher).