Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Foundations 1 Screenshots Request

ASForum

Foundations 1 Screenshots & Experiences: How it looks & feels on iOS: iPad, iPhone and Desktop: Windows/ Linux/ Firefox/ Calibri/ Other Viewers, Etc?

Desktop version and iOS version - How they look? 

What file formats are they - ePub (Desktop) - iPhone/ iPad App ?? (iOS) ?

iPhone/ iPad, vs Retina iPhone/ iPad Screenshots?

Do they both use the same ePub? 

Does the iOS version have an interactive UI like an App? 

e.g. https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/imuscle-nova-series-ipad-edition/id430559374?mt=8

How is the experience of using the content on old and new iOS devices e.g. iPad 1 to 4? iPhone 3GS > 4 / 4S > 5 ?

e.g. I have an iPhone 4 and old iPad1 (no plan to buy a new device on that front)

Cory - It would be great if you could share some screenshots - A little peek into the goldmine - A little teaser of sorts. 

Maybe we should share this without sharing critical information pages - Just some screenshots that are representative of how it looks, feels & interacts on various devices 

Crash, I know you've asked this many times now. I'm sure Coach and Cory have seen the request. I can't speak for Coach as to his reasons but I can tell you what I think.

Screenshots are problematic because the course is very information dense, there is no filler text or pictures in the Course that would be suitable to put up on a screenshot.

Formats are epub. It looks good but it's a course and not a work of art. The difference between various displays aren't really relevant to the subject. The videos, text and photos are clear on my iPad and Desktop, more than good enough.

The art in the book is in the programming and the years of experience that went into it. Not to hype it up but the Course is in a league of it's own.

I'd hope that Coach sees this and is able to respond. At the moment I am BLIND on how it looks and feels. 

I believe one or more of these Cover Page / Table of Contents/ Index / Appendix page or any page that can represent as well (as a teaser) without giving away information can be done. 

Also, maybe an extracted ePub sample of few pages with any sample video (need not be actual content from the Courses) for testing purposes/ benchmarking against our devices. 

e.g. Vault.com and some ebook & Adobe Digital Edition sites provide samples that help us test before actual purchase and/ or later. 

2 motivations: 

- For Content Teaser/ Representation

- Device User Experience / Testing Benchmark 

Again - I think this would definitely be an incentive for purchasers who might be on the fence for any reason. 

I am sure Cory and Coach can find some "teaser' and "testing" pages for both of the above motivations. If not, maybe a testing ePub that we can test on our devices

For example, My iPad 1 crashes on some Content (some Magazines). My old iPhone used to crash on some content and iPhone 4 is better but I see it lagging on bunch of Content.  

But I know over time I would have to move to a higher model to effectively use NEWER content

So it would help to get a REALISTIC - LOOK (from screenshots) & FEEL (from peoples experiences on devices) before purchase, rather than be disappointed after purchase (on account overall experience on devices). 

I know the argument you'll make it is to use it on desktop and I will probably do that for making notes, but when I am on the move - iPhone and iPad is where I hope to find it usable without the DEVICE failing me. 

You don't have to choose between the formats offered. Once you buy one, you can request any other for free.

For the rest, there is a 100% Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee, and it really is that. So if you buy it and it you don't like it, it doesn't work on your device, just ask for your money back and it will be cheerfully refunded.

The ToC isn't shown but it's completely spelled out in the description, take it as you will.

Anyway I know Coach and Cory are up to their necks in work this month getting the rest of the courses out, so I'm sorry, but I really don't see your request being filled at the moment.

I understand that they are super busy. Anyways, this was a request and suggestion that would help (I've done quite a bit of sales, branding, marketing, user/ customer experience work). 

It's an overhead for them as well as me / and other prospective customers to go through refunds etc. Then again, I figured I'll share my thoughts and request. 

Hopefully, we'll atleast get to hear peoples experiences on their Respective Devices. 

- Which iPad are you using? 

- Any people having using it on an iPad 1 ? and older iOS devices? 

- On the iPad are you using iBooks to read the ePub or another ePub Reader? 

PS: Maybe we can all post feedback / user experiences here with such a format: 

OS: Win XP / Win 7/ OSX/ Linux... iOS Version: 4.x / 5.x / 6.x

DEVICE: CPU/RAM: ... 1/2/4 GB etc/ iPad & iPhone 1/ 2/ 3/ 4 - Retina etc. 

Reader: Calibre / Firefox+ePub Plugin ... / iBooks/ Other ePub Readers? 

Performance & Experience: 

Smooth, Jagged, No Video, etc. etc. 

Joshua Naterman

I'm using Firefox, on a Windows PC, and I am actually pretty impressed at how well everything works with the epubreader add-on. It usually comes with FF, I believe, but is super easy to add.

The one thing that I find makes a big difference in reader experience is to go to the bottom right hand of the firefox pane with the mouse cursor, and click the leftmost of the three buttons that appear. This changes the reading style to include a vertical scroll bar, and for people using lower vertical resolution (like on a laptop, at least mine, which is 768 pixels tall) this eliminates any minor formatting errors that may be present. I only saw one on the "integrated mobility" information page, and making this one change fixed everything.

The product is very smooth to use, and is pretty much like the book of the future, if  they ever finally make integrated OLED screens in paper books.

Things are separated nicely into groups, and everything is very easy to follow. The videos are extremely high quality, very large, and so are easy to see all aspects of required form for pretty much everything.

If there are any doubts as to what constitutes good form, the subforum designated for in-depth discussion of the Foundation Series by customers is the perfect place to bring up any questions.

I'm using Firefox, on a Windows PC, and I am actually pretty impressed at how well everything works with the epubreader add-on. It usually comes with FF, I believe, but is super easy to add.

The one thing that I find makes a big difference in reader experience is to go to the bottom right hand of the firefox pane with the mouse cursor, and click the leftmost of the three buttons that appear. This changes the reading style to include a vertical scroll bar, and for people using lower vertical resolution (like on a laptop, at least mine, which is 768 pixels tall) this eliminates any minor formatting errors that may be present. I only saw one on the "integrated mobility" information page, and making this one change fixed everything.

The product is very smooth to use, and is pretty much like the book of the future, if  they ever finally make integrated OLED screens in paper books.

Things are separated nicely into groups, and everything is very easy to follow. The videos are extremely high quality, very large, and so are easy to see all aspects of required form for pretty much everything.

If there are any doubts as to what constitutes good form, the subforum designated for in-depth discussion of the Foundation Series by customers is the perfect place to bring up any questions.

The firefox epubreader also allows you to zoom out on the entire page as a universal setting and you can increase the text size to compensate.  

• Upvote 2

Josh gets an "F" for reading directions on the download email. The scroll bar is shown with a giant red circle in the final screenshot.

• Upvote 2

- Which iPad are you using? 

- Any people having using it on an iPad 1 ? and older iOS devices? 

The course is compatible with all iPads and has been tested on them.

- On the iPad are you using iBooks to read the ePub or another ePub Reader? 

iBooks. Why fix something that works well?

PS: Maybe we can all post feedback / user experiences here with such a format: 

OS: Win XP / Win 7/ OSX/ Linux... iOS Version: 4.x / 5.x / 6.x

DEVICE: CPU/RAM: ... 1/2/4 GB etc/ iPad & iPhone 1/ 2/ 3/ 4 - Retina etc. 

Reader: Calibre / Firefox+ePub Plugin ... / iBooks/ Other ePub Readers? 

Performance & Experience: 

Smooth, Jagged, No Video, etc. etc. 

There is a reason that we only recommend Firefox for Desktop the default iBooks for iOS. These display universally where many other readers have failed to meet the industry published standards for epub 3 compatibility. Again, there's no need to re-invent the wheel when you already have solutions.

• Upvote 1

I understand that they are super busy. Anyways, this was a request and suggestion that would help (I've done quite a bit of sales, branding, marketing, user/ customer experience work). 

It's an overhead for them as well as me / and other prospective customers to go through refunds etc. Then again, I figured I'll share my thoughts and request. 

Hopefully, we'll atleast get to hear peoples experiences on their Respective Devices. 

Super busy is an understatement. My priorities are as follows:

-Getting out the first update to F1 Course

-Getting out F2,3,4 & H1

-Support and user experience

-Running the website and forum

-Future products not yet released

Screenshots and demos are simply a nicety that ultimately have no impact on the results someone gets from the courses. If someone is turned off from buying because they don't like the way it looks in X reader on Y device, they have missed the entire point of the course. We may do some sort of screenshot or demo in the future, but it isn't currently on the table.

Stefan Hinote

This is getting a bit ridiculous if you ask me.  :facepalm:

One wouldn't buy a book or a sleeping bag based on it's packaging, but rather for it's content or purpose, so why is the new ebook continually being seen as some exception?

It's been listed and shown to work on various devices which is pretty damn flexible IMO, and everyone raves about the content--which is all that matters, so why nitpick over things that simply don't matter, and only take time away from Cory accomplishing other work that everyone is patiently waiting for.

This isn't to say that if the ebook isn't functioning as it should on your device that that isn't important, but if it works on x, y, and z, then why bother with a, b, and c. :P

I've purchased the BtGB Books and Xtreme Rings, so it's so much about being a ridiculous person. 

A few pages / screenshots always help. Whenever I've bought things on my iPad/iPhone from iTunes, I usually get to SEE some snapshots. 

A picture is worth a 1000 words - It is a What you See is What you Get ..Feel. 

Of course, you guys may have PRIORITIES and that's understandable. It was a request and suggestion that is definitely standard to any product out there and not an unreasonable or ridiculous request

Either ways, I might pull the trigger on it - And usually when I purchase something, I do a little digging to get more VISIBILITY. 

Not being able to visualize / visually see the product can be an impediment. 

The course is compatible with all iPads and has been tested on them.

iBooks. Why fix something that works well?

There is a reason that we only recommend Firefox for Desktop the default iBooks for iOS. These display universally where many other readers have failed to meet the industry published standards for epub 3 compatibility. Again, there's no need to re-invent the wheel when you already have solutions.

:) Thanks for responding Cory - This is definitely helpful and informative response. 

2-3 Screenshots on iPad/ iPhone would definitely be a great BONUS, whenever you do have time. 

I just hope my iPad 1 will not croak  :)

I've purchased the BtGB Books and Xtreme Rings, so it's so much about being a ridiculous person. 

A few pages / screenshots always help. Whenever I've bought things on my iPad/iPhone from iTunes, I usually get to SEE some snapshots. 

A picture is worth a 1000 words - It is a What you See is What you Get ..Feel. 

Of course, you guys may have PRIORITIES and that's understandable. It was a request and suggestion that is definitely standard to any product out there and not an unreasonable or ridiculous request

Either ways, I might pull the trigger on it - And usually when I purchase something, I do a little digging to get more VISIBILITY. 

Not being able to visualize / visually see the product can be an impediment. 

When you buy a book from B&N or Amazon, it is absolutely not standard to have viewable contents: some publishers do and some don't. Typically, you see a cover and description and maybe a table of contents. Again, it's something we may do but not right now.

Michaël Van den Berg

Crash, I know you've asked this many times now. I'm sure Coach and Cory have seen the request. I can't speak for Coach as to his reasons but I can tell you what I think.

Screenshots are problematic because the course is very information dense, there is no filler text or pictures in the Course that would be suitable to put up on a screenshot.

Formats are epub. It looks good but it's a course and not a work of art. The difference between various displays aren't really relevant to the subject. The videos, text and photos are clear on my iPad and Desktop, more than good enough.

The art in the book is in the programming and the years of experience that went into it. Not to hype it up but the Course is in a league of it's own.

I agree 100%. The eBook is just a tool to get the message across - it's all about content, not about subtleties like 'feel' and 'user experience'. I'm sure it looks the same on every device: white pages with text, photos and videos. That's it, and that's all it needs to be.

This probably sounds a little blunt but in my opinion, this book is meant as a tool for programming your workouts and as a reference for the various exercises. If you are really into GST, just get the book, extract the necessary information and then go and do the hard work where it matters (rings, floor, bars). If you simply want to recline in your favorite comfy chair, admire a beautifully crafted application with a slick interactive UI optimized for a Retina display, and watch the videos... then this book is not for you.

Joshua Naterman

Man, double owned! :blush:

Totally feel retarded! I missed that one circled bit... guess I was just too eager to get into the program hahaha!

This is getting a bit ridiculous if you ask me.  :facepalm:

One wouldn't buy a book or a sleeping bag based on it's packaging, but rather for it's content or purpose, so why is the new ebook continually being seen as some exception?

It's been listed and shown to work on various devices which is pretty damn flexible IMO, and everyone raves about the content--which is all that matters, so why nitpick over things that simply don't matter, and only take time away from Cory accomplishing other work that everyone is patiently waiting for.

This isn't to say that if the ebook isn't functioning as it should on your device that that isn't important, but if it works on x, y, and z, then why bother with a, b, and c. :P

I guess marketing majors and the multi-million dollar companies who employ them are wasting their time

I think we've all had our say.

Cory has said he'll look into it when he has time. We appreciate Crashandburn's suggestions now let's move on.

It already comes with a 100% money back guarantee, so all of this is rather moot in my opinion.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Joshua Slocum

:) Thanks for responding Cory - This is definitely helpful and informative response. 

2-3 Screenshots on iPad/ iPhone would definitely be a great BONUS, whenever you do have time. 

I just hope my iPad 1 will not croak  :)

For what it's worth, I've been looking at it on an iPad 1, and it looks great. 

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Cory is swamped, so I wiil address this to you Cole, because you can provide the basic info I am asking for.

You would help me, and probably a lot of other people wanting to buy the Foundation series, if you gave more complete info about what platform it currently runs on. In this comment, I will limit myself to the Desktop/Firefox version, because that is the one I am interested in.

The point is the following. If you give more complete information about what Desktop operating system(s), plus what VERSION(s) of Firefox (is it version 16, 17, or only 18), plus what VERSION(s) of epub reader (is it epub3 or not) currently are required, then prospective buyers like me, who are more than willing to do a little work themselves can try to get their operating system compatible so they can use the right VERSION of Firefox plus epub plug-in. And also please state whether I do indeed need 2GB of RAM, as somewhere stated in this forum.

In my case, I was about to buy the Foundation series, but seeing the catch-all Desktop/Firefox description of what I needed, I decided to do a little check, just in case. Well, I have a Mac with OS X 10.5.8 with 1 GB RAM and Safari. Firefox 16 that should run on that platform, is nowhere to be found anymore (the most current version is 18, I think). I can upgrade to OS X 10.4 but am not sure that the Firefox version needed for the Foundation series will work on that platform, because I do not know what VERSION of Firefox you are using. So, just give me the basic info I need to get my house in order (in a manner of speaking).

Meanwhile, I will (have to) stick to my BtGB program, even if it will leave me with this disappointed feeling that I remember from being a kid and not getting the toy I had asked for   :). The upside is that I am learning quite a bit about ibook publishing. Keep up the good work!

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Hari-Seldon. Would you mind telling me which version of OS your iPad 1 is running on. Having found that my Mac won't do it, I am now targeting my wife's iPad 1 for this fabulous ebook creation (F1); her iPad1 runs on OS 4.3.2 (8H7), 24 GB storage available (memory not specified). Much appreciated.

@ FritsMB

Your basic question is a valid one, and something I discussed with Cory last night.

I actually don't know all of the specifics, so I will get it started and pass it on to Cory.

We will get some sort of system requirement list up on the product description page. Bear in mind, we may not have all the answers for every possible combination of product.

With the iPad version, we know it works. It may be we can't say anything beyond the latest update of  iOS. I'm not sure where that is for iPad 1. We have to assume that people are willing to update their devices if we know it will work with a certain update.

With the Desktop version for the time being we only support the Firefox + epub plugin combo for a reader, we won't answer questions about other readers, but anyone is free to try what they want.

We know there is an issue with Windows XP on some machines, we have a solution for that available on request.

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Thank you for the quick answer, Cole. I am negotiating with my wife about letting me use her iPad 1 for the Foundation series. My promise to her that it will end my nightmares, waking up all in a sweat crying "I want Foundation 1", is probably to tilt the scale in my favour  :) . I just have to check with another Forum member what version of iPad 1 he is using (successfully) for F1.