Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can I Do Hollow Hold And Arch Hold Every Day?

Deins Drengers

Deins Drengers

Hi !

I want to master the movements - Hollow Hold , Arch Hold 

The question is - Can i train them daily or at least 5 times a week along with wrist work and HS work ?

And if yes then how about the training intensity ? Should i go half the intensity of my workout days or remain the same?

Thank you !

Joshua Naterman

Agreed.

There's nothing wrong with doing a quick 10-15 second hold in the morning, just to wake up a little, but trying to actually train the position hard seven days a week probably won't take you as far as just sticking to whichever template you find best suits your recovery ability.

Making sure you are well fed and well hydrated for the entire workout day will also make a big difference in your results.

Deins Drengers

Agreed.

There's nothing wrong with doing a quick 10-15 second hold in the morning, just to wake up a little, but trying to actually train the position hard seven days a week probably won't take you as far as just sticking to whichever template you find best suits your recovery ability.

Making sure you are well fed and well hydrated for the entire workout day will also make a big difference in your results.

For some time i wanted to ask You something because ive seen many of Your responses that are very useful and described in terms of anatomy and chemistry.

Where did You learn all this ?  About nutrition, supplements, anatomy, training etc. 

A man with that big amount of knowledge (like You)  is truly rare.

( I want to learn all that too )

I can't speak for Josh but he is well read and has been to the GB seminars I dunno how many times besides training in this and that and now GST for awhile now.

Back to your inquiry, it's going to depend a lot on how well you recover and how strong you are in these movements in the first place. This is one of those trial and error things you have to kind of figure out for yourself. Start with a template, see how you do and go from there.

When I started gymnastics I had already done these core movements for about 5 years prior and both of my old sensei used to beat the hell outta us with them. Ridiculously long agonizing holds. So starting off with gymnastics and the fact I was about 22 at the time eating my face off and recovering optimally helped out a lot.