This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Online Coaching & Testing

Started by Cole Dano, February 3, 2013 · 124 Replies · 349 Views

Nic Branson

I wanted to pull out the seminar testing I mentioned above.

Logistically this does add another time factor to the seminars which are already busy. Which is why I mentioned some time before and after the regular sessions or perhaps even during the lunch breaks.

While it does impact the schedule it really sets a goal and deadline for people to strive for.

Builds the community as others will undoubtedly "cheer" on and support their fellow attendees.

Nic Branson

Attempting to get more solid planning done here in the next 2-4 weeks for the OLC segment.

Any current concerns or questions not yet on the table to add to our discussion before we continue?

Cole Dano

Nothing new to add here. Just need to nail down the specifics. 

 

WRT seminar testing - I'm all for it, now that the programs are rolling out, and as I understand, seminar attendees are expected to have the  materials, Coach shouldn't have to spend time spelling out the Mastery progressions etc.

 

I'm wondering if we can tie the testing into the process of sorting people into their respective groups or if we should keep the two entirely separate?

Cole Dano

Online Coaching Structure

 

- Level testing

 

- Form Check

 

- Full Coaching

 

To be determined

 

- Better names

 

- Pricing

 

- Any guidelines needed (see earlier post on Level Testing              #87              )

 

Level Testing Seminar Integration

 

- Robust record keeping system

Nic Branson

WRT the testing at seminars I would think to keep it separate from group splitting as there is an extra fee involved with official level testing. Unless ofcourse Coach chooses to include it in the seminar fee as yet another reason to attend a seminar.

 

At this time I believe our main focus is to get the Full Coaching and Form Evaluation services up and running. Level testing could likely wait a touch longer.

Nic Branson

Work with George is going well. Clearly a more casual test case with not having weekly videos etc. I think it is a good example that people will use the service differently. He does know that he can send them in and that it is best for feedback. I am sure others will send full vids every week.

Cory Fair
Nic Branson said:

Work with George is going well. Clearly a more casual test case with not having weekly videos etc. I think it is a good example that people will use the service differently. He does know that he can send them in and that it is best for feedback. I am sure others will send full vids every week.

 

It's a good reflection of the market I think. Some just want the personal service and others want to squeeze every penny worth of money from the coaching. As long as a fair line is drawn to keep the former progressing, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Where do you think this line should be?

Nic Branson

I asked George for his feedback a few days ago, aside from the form checks and cueing to assist him with getting it right he also mentioned how motivating it was for him knowing that I would be checking up on him. Often our job will be about motivation and building up this type of client. He was also initially concerned with how many questions he might be allowed to ask, as with a trainer the gym for example you have set times and session lengths. Here he can ask whenever and whatever and I've gotten back to him. OLC's answering in a timely manner to client questions will be crucial and something I stress to be done within one day.

Each client will be a bit different in what is make or break for them for progress.

Nic Branson

Thinking on this more. We are giving everyone the opportunity and help they need to train using the same methodology Coach's athletes do. How far they want to go is really on them. It is obviously easier to say there should be one clean line to judge with but with adults in a fitness population it is not quite as cut and dry. We do need to see progress yes. The client needs to feel like and know they are progressing but each client will have their own rate of progression.

One of my main concerns is maintaining quality among clients who are slow to progress, I do not want to see any OLC think less of a client as long as said client is trying.

Nic Branson

Some thoughts on OLC Evolution at this point:

I've been thinking on this recently as my brain gets used to the lower sleep again.

Ideally with regards to most interactive and progress driven:

Training log with what was completed and a summary of exertion levels for each movement and at the end how the session felt over all.

Weekly video of either every movement or selected ones that needed more focus.

Monthly a full video review session that is basically like a test so that true progress can be seen before new cycles are started.

That all said I'm also keeping in mind that as a paying customer you should be able to use the service in a manner that fits your goals, time and expectations. Some people want to be able to have an open Q and A whenever something comes up. Others just look for continued motivation. Both of those groups likely only the monthly video work perhaps and not to be chained to keeping an electronic log. The explanation given to them that for ideal progress those would be present but the choice is really theirs.

STILL NEEDED:

Pricing

Names

Further Guidelines

Finalized decision on at seminar testing (Scottsdale only or 3day seminar only)

Record keeping on level testing

Nic Branson

After talking to Coach today.

Currently:

Full Coaching $300/mo and 3 month minimum.

Need to check with Cory regarding having a workout log with limited comment section, standard thread and video thread (for monthly video reviews)listed under each client name.

Video Review: Currently tabled until we can come up with the proper pricing model.

TESTING: This we need to get fleshed out prior to F2. We will be asking for one set of every movement and IM. Further sets can be requested by the reviewing coach if thought necessary.

Added category for Instructor Testing: 2 seminar minimum, 1 year in the system, and 2 seminars as an assistant. Approved and invited by Coach.

Cory Fair

Quick question as I start creating the product description in the store: are we including H1 and F1 free or require them to purchase separately? 

Coach Sommer

- Purchase separately.  Similiar to when taking a college course both tuition and text books must be paid for.

Cory Fair

I will indicate that. We need to flesh out the product description and graphic for the store. What shall we list as the features that the "premium" level online coaching includes?

Nic Branson

Premium Coaching includes: weekly workout log reviews and check in via the forums, monthly full video reviews, personalized assistance and form cues.

Testing: now that F2 has rolled out we should capitalize on this. Pricing thoughts for online or at seminar?

Nic Branson

For whatever reason the welcome email is proving to frustrate me in getting it written the way I want it to sound. Grrr..

Cole Dano

lol, send me a draft if you want....

Nic Branson

Cole, what's your email?

Your way with words for that stuff is better then mine.

Cole Dano

cole.dano  -you know what goes here-  welho.com

Nic Branson

I responded to a basic question already today.

Mastery testing videos will not be accepted as piece mail, they must be submitted all at one time.

Nic Branson

Testing,

Online:

Must be submitted all at once.

Graded as pass or fail

No retest for 30day minimum

Fee must be enough to ensure they are serious but not so much to price people out.

One set of each movement with IM's. further sets at request of grading coach if deemed necessary

Movement and IM must both pass.

Coach Sommer
Nic Branson said:

Testing,

Online:

Must be submitted all at once.

Graded as pass or fail

No retest for 30day minimum

Fee must be enough to ensure they are serious but not so much to price people out.

One set of each movement with IM's. further sets at request of grading coach if deemed necessary

Movement and IM must both pass.

 

Seems spot on.  Are we missing anything?

Nic Branson

Pricing

Seminar testing specifics with regards to timing and pricing. The standards are the same.

Nic Branson

Once the details are done just need a store page and then Coach to make an announcement of the service and staff involved. That is both for testing and OLC.

Nic Branson

Further thoughts on Testing:

In person allowed by "Team Leader" status coaches or above in person. If arrangements are made between the testee and tester. Basically senior level coach. Fee's must be submitted to Gymnastic Bodies prior to test date.