Release Timeline For New Foundations Products?

Started by u3er, February 1, 2013 · 57 Replies · 13,729 Views

Sol Amarpreet

i think its a sign of how much everyone loves btgb products and community. Its not something to irritate the staff with. The content of the book was so awesome tht everyone just wants to have more.

Joshua Slocum

No March release after all  :(

Jon Douglas

The silver lining for me is only having the one PE6 element I'm yet to master, and that'll happen this cycle.

 

Surely this must come before May... very ready.

Jon Douglas
ausswe said:

Just curious what you would do with f2 if you had it right now?

Seriously, if *I'm* happy with 95% of the content in F1, imagine how those with talent must be feeling.

Cory Fair
Charm said:

The silver lining for me is only having the one PE6 element I'm yet to master, and that'll happen this cycle.

 

Surely this must come before May... very ready.

 

Certainly before May. Just keep in mind that it is the middle of competition season, so the limited number of hours in a day have made finishing the last details challenging for both Coach and athletes. We're nearly there. :)

Cory Fair

Just curious what you would do with f2 if you had it right now?

 

If I were in most people's shoes? I'd be grateful I didn't have F3/F4 yet because the strength and mobility get extremely hard.

Jon Douglas
Cory Fair said:

If I were in most people's shoes? I'd be grateful I didn't have F3/F4 yet because the strength and mobility get extremely hard.

Like the evil mobility late in H1? Ouch! :P

 

Great to hear an update :) I'm expecting to find my working level for most exercises in F2, maybe one or two in F3-- looking very forward to getting my teeth into em.

Cory Fair
Charm said:

Like the evil mobility late in H1? Ouch! :P

Like H1 mobility, I can safely say that completing the final F4 mobility progressions will feel like a genuine accomplishment. You will then receive a graduation cap and be recognized officially as an advanced beginner in GST. :)

Jon Douglas
Cory Fair said:

Like H1 mobility, I can safely say that completing the final F4 mobility progressions will feel like a genuine accomplishment. You will then receive a graduation cap and be recognized officially as an advanced beginner in GST. :)

And a pat on the head and told what a good boy you are >.< before beginning training in earnest~

Jon Douglas
Cory Fair said:

Like H1 mobility, I can safely say that completing the final F4 mobility progressions will feel like a genuine accomplishment. You will then receive a graduation cap and be recognized officially as an advanced beginner in GST. :)

Seriously though, is that cap thing for real?? Because I will redouble my efforts for an Advanced Beginner mortarboard.

Cory Fair
Charm said:

Seriously though, is that cap thing for real?? Because I will redouble my efforts for an Advanced Beginner mortarboard.

 

No, but a future course update may have rewards for hitting certain milestones.  :ph34r:

FredInChina
Cory Fair said:

(...) the strength and mobility get extremely hard.

 

Take your time Cory, there is no hurry :D

Great work on the web format BTW, well done! :)

Joshua Slocum
Cory Fair said:

Like H1 mobility, I can safely say that completing the final F4 mobility progressions will feel like a genuine accomplishment. You will then receive a graduation cap and be recognized officially as an advanced beginner in GST. :)

"Advanced Beginner" by Coach Sommer's standards. You'll be a hell of a lot stronger than even many collegiate gymnasts. 

KingJR
FredInChina said:

great work on the web format BTW, well done! :)

 

Yes, seriously, the new format is really nice. I really dig how it's all integrated together in one neat package. Good job ( to whoever did it...I forget...haha )

Chris Edgar

My student loan comes in around the 15th of April, so if you could time it for around then that would be great!

 

:P

 

Seriously though, I'm so psyched to see what's coming...

 

I've always been as stiff as a plank. Hopefully the brutal mobility will change that!

 

SuperBru

I can honestly say that i've never been this excited for something since waiting for the next Dragon Ball Z episode as a kid. Take your time on it though. Rushing it will do no good. 

IcedDante

Since the agreed upon delivery date for this program has lapsed, and as some people have found that they cannot progress into F2 having mastered some F1 elements, is it possible to do an incremental release of F2?

Jon Douglas
IcedDante said:

Since the agreed upon delivery date for this program has lapsed, and as some people have found that they cannot progress into F2 having mastered some F1 elements, is it possible to do an incremental release of F2?

Strongly, strongly doubt it. Even if they were inclined to do it at all, with everyone at different levels, how far should they increment? Impractical.

 

Guess we're gonna have to be content with 'when it's ready' well into April at this point.

Tyler Gibson

They'll release it when it's done. If you have mastered all elements in F1, you could just cycle through weeks 9-12 of PE6, or go back and revisit elements that gave you a lot of trouble. You won't be any worse off for waiting a few more weeks.

Joshua Slocum
Charm said:

Guess we're gonna have to be content with 'when it's ready' well into April at this point.

Yup  :(

 

JO's are 4/30-5/5: I imagine Coach and his team are going to be quite busy up until then. Oh well. In the meantime I can go through and start filming mastery sets for each exercise. 

Jon Douglas
Hari_Seldon said:

Yup  :(

 

JO's are 4/30-5/5: I imagine Coach and his team are going to be quite busy up until then. Oh well. In the meantime I can go through and start filming mastery sets for each exercise. 

Yeah. Impatient as I am, can't argue with priorities...

aiken54
Hari_Seldon said:

"Advanced Beginner" by Coach Sommer's standards. You'll be a hell of a lot stronger than even many collegiate gymnasts. 

This made my day. 

IcedDante

It was posted that all the levels were already complete, so I really don't understand why there is such a significant delay. Is it just a matter of getting the content uploaded? Multiple people have completed Level 6 master of one or more foundation elements, and their training is being halted with every week of this delay.

Alessandro Mainente

i think that spend more more time on mobility is the better thing you can do.

i started the approach of IM since the november seminar in finland and since that day i maintained my current strength until now. no reason to do more if some elements are not mastered or think that something is too boring...repeat the IM day by day is saving my physique

Cory Fair
IcedDante said:

It was posted that all the levels were already complete, so I really don't understand why there is such a significant delay. Is it just a matter of getting the content uploaded? Multiple people have completed Level 6 master of one or more foundation elements, and their training is being halted with every week of this delay.

 

"Complete" referred to the level design and programming. There is far more that goes into these courses than just the visual aspect. I know you guys are impatient, but keep in mind that Coach has full time athletes in addition to all the trillion hours he puts into GymnasticBodies. If he and I had more hours in the day, it might be possible to do everything faster, but I assure you the delay is certainly not from lack of effort on our part.