Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Wait Is Nearly Over

Coach Sommer

I would assume H1 will cover more on HeSPU and HSPU than the Foundation series right?

We can't say anything yet. However I would imagine one clue is, what is in BtGB and what isn't?

Keilani Gutierrez

I'm calling out Cast Wall Walks, Press HS variations, body line drills and...handstand wallruns? God, that would be epic if it included that! 

Less then 2 weeks left of February, hopefully that means we have HS1 in less then 2 weeks :D

Absolutely. I might add that H1 has even more content and cumulates with a 2 minute freestanding handstand with open shoulders and superior alignment. The rest of the handstand series only gets more intense. :)

• Upvote 9

Kamali Downey

Absolutely. I might add that H1 has even more content and cumulates with a 2 minute freestanding handstand with open shoulders and superior alignment. The rest of the handstand series only gets more intense. :)

Assuming there is HS/Pe and HS/iM, you're saying that just after H1, a 2 minute freestanding handstand will be achieved?

Assuming there is HS/Pe and HS/iM, you're saying that just after H1, a 2 minute freestanding handstand will be achieved?

Yes, provided that you work through the course as it's intended by honing each element to mastery. 

Victor Andersson

Yes, provided that you work through the course as it's intended by honing each element to mastery. 

That is awesome!!

Kamali Downey

That is awesome!!

I know I can't believe that just after the 1st segment a 2 min handstand will be achieved, that is awesome

Me neither. Hope it isn't a 3 year long one. That would be a bummer.

The time will vary widely depending on one's ability going in, but keep in mind this is also not sloppy handstand work. You're literally getting a National-level coach training you to the sort of standards he does a champion athlete. In Coach's mind, it's not about doing a terrible handstand and then praising you for it. The goal is perfection. Even if one doesn't choose to be that strict, the results of doing this to even a percentage of perfection will be far better than you'd otherwise get.

And even if it took three years, that's pretty great value for your money. ~$2 a month for hand-over-hand programming with video and photos? Compared to the $9-15+ /month for a subscription site by someone far less qualified, it's certainly nothing to sneeze at. :)

• Upvote 3

Is the rest of the HS series due to come out sometime this year too? What kind of stuff will it be focusing on? One arm work? Or more artistic gymnastics geared stuff like ring handstands, japanese handstands, etc?

Of course, my current handstand still has quite a ways to go and I'll have my hands full with HS1 if I get it... just curious though.

Keilani Gutierrez

I wonder whether bent arm presses to HS would be more likely in H1 or somewhere along the HBP progression.

now that you mention it, seeing how it's like that, it might be used sooner than expected. I wonder what kind of handstand prep will be done in Foundation to be able to freestanding HBP for reps. :blink: #soexcited

Well, in both bent and straight arm, the progression is generally tuck-straddle-pike-straight body. Bent is a HBP and straight is a planche press if body is straight. I wonder whether they'll be in there explicitly (bent arm I mean), I like training them, esp on rings.

• Upvote 1

Brian Martens

No idea where to post this....but, I just wanted to say that F1 is a treasure of riches for anyone who has ever been confused about the proper progression, order and reasoning behind bodyweight training.  I have no clue if I'll even be able to pass the mastery levels of this first course anytime soon, but damn if it didn't fulfill the promise of the articles I first read by Coach Sommer on Dragondoor and T-nation.  Money well worth spent.

• Upvote 3

FREDERIC DUPONT

I am unsure if I understood correctly: There were talks in some threads of a Flexibility/Stretching document that was being worked on (S1?); maybe with the collaboration of Kit Laughlin from Australia; other threads actually suggest to purchase Mr. Laughling's existing work, which sort of implies that there is no upcoming "S1"...

I would personnally prefer a "DO THAT, START HERE"  B)  foundation type of training template than another book on "easy stretching for old farts", 'cause it ain't easy! :blink:

However, if the suspected "S1" is not in the works, maybe I'll buy Mr. Laughlin's book...

Could someone in the know shed a bit of light on what is coming up for stretching/flexibility?

Thanks a million :)

• Upvote 1

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

I love how Fred puts perfectly the icons in the right place, the right one.

Seriously.

Well, I'm so exciting about H1... more even F1! Maybe because I'm a little bit freak about handstands and HS training.

I am unsure if I understood correctly: There were talks in some threads of a Flexibility/Stretching document that was being worked on (S1?); maybe with the collaboration of Kit Laughlin from Australia; other threads actually suggest to purchase Mr. Laughling's existing work, which sort of implies that there is no upcoming "S1"...

I would personnally prefer a "DO THAT, START HERE"  B)  foundation type of training template than another book on "easy stretching for old farts", 'cause it ain't easy! :blink:

However, if the suspected "S1" is not in the works, maybe I'll buy Mr. Laughlin's book...

Could someone in the know shed a bit of light on what is coming up for stretching/flexibility?

Thanks a million :)

S1 is the plan, but I'm not at all sure when it will happen.

I'm pretty sure someone will also find a way to capitalise on the older generation and release SFOF1 (Stretching for Old Farts 1) part of the ever growing Old Fart movement.

FREDERIC DUPONT

S1 is the plan, but I'm not at all sure when it will happen. (...)

Noted Cole Dano, thank you for confirming there is an S1 planned :)

I'll wait for a few weeks to ask for a possible timeframe; I think it'll be easier for everyone when the urgency/excitement of H1/F234 has passed.

ST1 is still in development. It's not going to be a simple rehash of any of Kit's existing books, so you're fine to pick either up if you wish in the interimn.

We use Kit's stretching weekly with Coach's athletes and it is by far the best approach in the world.

• Upvote 2