Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Good Resistance Bands?

crossfic

I've been looking around for a good set of resistance bands to help aid rotator cuff exercises, however, there are so many differnt style/strenghts im not sure what to buy, could anyone suggest a brand or post a link, would be very grateful!!

Joshua Naterman

body bands. Get the #1 band, and perhaps the #2 as well. These are incredibly useful, and this brand has the best prices I have found.

You may need something even weaker at first, like therabands.

Just like a good gym, you're going to want a decent selection.

How much you stretch the bands will determine how hard the exercises are.

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

Theraband it's a good brand, but depends of what's your use. 

For example, the other day I broke a blue theraband after 2/3 months of diary use. I was using them for the same as you, rotator cuff, shoulder prehab stuff, etc. 

I bought a pack of 2, blue and black, and now I'm using black and it's more stronger. I guess that dark/silver/gold it's the way to go if your use it's prehab and you want a good resistance.

Also I have another band, Deuserband, the original and first band on earth :D

Like you see in the video, it's so strong. 

I hope it helps. 

Cheers joshua thanks for the post, they look great, unfortunatly i live in england and there not avaliable :( Therabands are avaliable for me :) cheers will have a look! Cant see the video for some reasons? Also my physio said around 3 sets of high reps, didnt think to specify the reps aha! What rep/set range should i be working in?

Just had a look and theres many types of band e.g. tubular, band etc... The tubular version has a handle on it, would this be better suited for these exercises?

Joshua Naterman

ANy band will be good, really. Don't overthink, just get a few different resistances and get started!

Make sure you get 48" (~121 cm) or longer strips, and/or 40" (101 cm) loop bands.

Handles, no handles, doesn't really matter.

Ahh okay, have just ordered my resistance bands :) Got the light, medium, heavy, extra heavy and special heavy resistance bands:) could you suggest a video which shows propoer form for rotator cuff exercises, have looked on yt but most contradict each other, Many thanks!

Also what position should your shoulder be in during external rotation, obvisly at the side of your body but does your scapular have to be down? Any info will help many thanks :)

Samuli Jyrkinen

I am using cheap and weak 3-5$ elastic bands which you can find from almost any grocery store with a fitness section. The resistance is enough for mobility work and by double folding the band, the resistance is more than enough.